A refined dropdown menu COMMENTS

Jason:-
Hello Stu,
I just use one of your menus for the first time and its amzing!
But I have a problem with this menu, the dropdown looks strange in IE6 if a select-form is under it.
Couldn't test this with IE7 until yet but FF2, Opera 9 and NN8 are working as I want.

If you want to take a look you can see my problem at this demo page:
www.gsg-2006.de/vwar/war.php

Hope you or any other user has a solution, I dont know how to fix it.

Bye Jason
(15.01.2007, 20:26)

Jason, nice looking implementation. Unfortunately you have found the IE5.x and IE6 bug. Select will ALWAYS be placed on top of any other element no matter what z-index is applied. This applies to other drop down menus as well as the ones on CSS play. There is no way round this except to move the selection box or not use a drop down menu.
(15.01.2007, 20:48)

Bojan:-
Hello Stu,
excellent site you did! I was implementing "final_drop4" and i noticed that it only works with a proper DOCTYPE tag in the beginning of code. Without it (old site) it doesn't show anything.

Should I change doctypes on all pages or is there an easier solution?
(17.01.2007, 15:46)

sankar:-
Hi,
I have a web page where i display a select box under a simple drop down div which will display another container on mouse over.
Problem is when the continer get displayed on mouse over i can still see the select box.container look like a transperent with select box..
but if i have any other element insted select box its working fine..
I tried to set zindex also its not working..
my code is some thing like this..

<table>
<tr>
<td>
<div onmouseover="showdropdown();" onmouseout="hidedropdown()" >this is a drop down</div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<select>
<option>option1</option>
<option>option2</option>
<option>option3</option>
<option>option4</option>
</select>
</tr>
</table>

Can any body please help me to resolve this problem in ie6.. in ie7 its working fine..

Thanks & Regards
Sankar
(02.05.2007, 09:31)

sankar, this is an IE6 bug for which there is no workaround. Any drop down menu would have the same problem. IE6 places the select box above any other page element.
(02.05.2007, 20:49)

harry:-
Great menu but when i put a margin of 1px for the top links it shows up as 2 pixels in ie and is there a way to fix it when i hides under something that is positioned relative on my page
(27.06.2007, 15:56)

Wayne M.:-
In the Maxthon browser, submenus at final_drop3.html float above the main menu as page is zoomed to larger size.
(26.07.2007, 14:31)

Josiah:-
Great menu! Is there anyway to get the menu centered on the page? Rather than off to the left? The right area is blank area, I'm not sure how to get rid of that and/or move the menu to the center.
(26.07.2007, 23:54)

sabrina:-
hi stu,
this is not my job but I really appreciate your work! I'm renewing my site and have a problem with drop down menu: the submenus open "under" some text, which is positioned under the menu! I think I need to bring the menu to a superior level but I can't do it.

www.absolutemamboschol.it/prove/chisiamo.html

thanks for your help
sabrina
(29.07.2008, 13:21)

sabrina, make the following changes:
#navigation {