Alert COMMENTS

james:-
Great trick (as all your codes are - lov'em)
Have you noticed the difference between Moz and IE on this? The alert box disappears in Moz when your curser leaves the original pop-up area, not the alert box.
(11.03.2004, 21:47)

Yes, I have noticed this too.
Just a browser interpretation I guess.
I think, in this case, that IE has a better interpretation but others may disagree ;)
(11.03.2004, 22:36)

James:-
Yes - I have to agree: IEs interpretation does make more sense! (goes against the grain tho'!)
(13.03.2004, 18:02)

Mmm.. I tend not to side with any browser but I must say that I have found Firefox to be a good all rounder.
(13.03.2004, 19:51)

Stefan Kremer:-
Hi there! Inspired by this article I designed http://www.albrecht-elektronik.de/ which shows some flashing on Firefox/Win, but not on Mac or Linux. Would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea how to stop this. Best regards
(05.01.2005, 10:04)

Stefan Kremer:-
solved - thx. It's because of the overflow:auto
(11.01.2005, 09:59)

Rich A:-
If there are multiple links placed next to one another, each with their own popup, how do you make sure the popups appear above all of the links? (One of my popups appears above, one appears below.)
(21.06.2005, 21:39)

Rich A, if the links are given a position:relative and the popups a position:absolute then you can place the popups anywhere you like.
(21.06.2005, 21:54)

Rich A:-
Stu, thanks for the response. Is there any way to keep the popups all directly in the center of the screen? If you see my example, http://www.rigami.com/pure_css_tooltips3.htm the popups are displaying at the left and top positions I specified, but the position is relative to the link. The links further down on the list will display popups that are further down on the page. I would like all the popus to display in the same place (like the middle of the screen). Also, will these popups always display on top of form elements or below?
(22.06.2005, 14:42)

Rich A, place a containing div around the links and make that position:relative; instead of the links. That way the tooltips will be positioned using the single containing div as the reference position.
(22.06.2005, 20:30)

Rich A:-
Stu, thanks again. I can't remember if there's a solution to CSS popups appearing behind select boxes. Is there?
(22.06.2005, 22:17)

Rich A, I think that this is a bug in IE, where forms always appear on top no matter what the z-index order.
(23.06.2005, 09:22)

maarten:-
I just tested this on Netscape 7.0, but there the pop-up disappears as soon as you leave the area where the text "A Pop-up!!" is.
(16.11.2005, 10:34)

brian budd:-
I need three CSS menus on page, top dropdown, bottom drop up and vertical. However they all conflict using ultimate dropdown type. how can I avoid conflicts????
(07.07.2006, 20:33)

brian, why post on the 'alert' page when you have a menu query?
Oh well...the answer is to give each one a unique ul#name and use this at the beginning of each style line.
(07.07.2006, 20:56)

Jason:-
Thanks for the tip!
(15.01.2007, 16:44)

Moris:-
I have added a form on the popup and it works fine in IE7 but in Forefox 2 when one clicks the submit button nothing seems to happen - tho I think it is trying to go to the #nogo
-any ideas
(29.03.2007, 05:54)

Bill:-
I currently have a page that has:

<div style="overflow:auto; height:516px; width:469px;">
<?php include("content.php"); ?>
</div>

In FF1.5 when I put the links on the content.php page the popup expands inside my <div> by placing scrollbars.

In IE6 when I do the same the popups come outside the <div> tag and basically float overtop. I would like this to happen in FF as well, but it does not seem to work.

Bill
(22.05.2007, 21:38)

Bill:-
I fixed this issue by making the position:static; in the a#popup. I guess it is not really a fix but more a work-around so that they all popup in the same location on the screen.
(23.05.2007, 20:34)

toothe:-
I have used a similiar method to display dates on a cal. problem i have is say days 10 and 11 both have popups the 11 is visible under the text. anyone got any ideas?
(25.09.2007, 11:18)

David Hancock:-
Looking for a shopping cart detail, multi-view script, such as one would see on a shoe store cart. Click (or autoplay) the shoe style item for mutliple views, global views, such as side, top, sole, angle, etc.

Does this make sense? I've seen such a script and I believe it was a demo on your CSS Play site.
(27.04.2012, 16:24)