Another flyout menu COMMENTS

background:#ddd;
height:26px;
}
<!--[if IE 7]>
.menu li {float:left;}
<![endif]-->

You cannot put conditional comments into a stylesheet.

But:
In the head of your page put
<!--[if lte IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="ie7only.css" />
<![endif]-->

Then your ie7only.css would be

.menu li {float:left;}

Hope this is clear.
As to the XP Pro problem I have no idea why this would be different.
(18.11.2006, 15:49)

Colin:-
Thanks Stu, should have read your first reply more carefully. Great site, love the examples.
(18.11.2006, 16:02)

Dave:-
Thanks for this menu, Stu.
I have inserted it into a navigation column div, view it in Firefox 2, and there is vertical space/gaps between the individual items' boxes going top to bottom (space not visible on your demo page). And the flyouts have these spaces too, through which the text of the content column below shows through. What would you suggest I adjust? Thanks.
(22.02.2007, 12:17)

Paul:-

Using the flyout menu for my son, The text wraps round the menu. How would I be able to use a left-margin in IE and Firefox, without setting the height of the menu at 500px so that text has a left margin, no matter how much text he uses?
(See jochem-alexander.org)
(24.02.2007, 16:36)

Zandalor:-
Fine menu
(19.08.2007, 16:42)

Fred:-
This doesn't work for me. I had a look at your extremely complicated source code and spent a few hours trying to get my head around it. I came up with my own version that didn't include so many fly outs and it doesn't work properly. When I hover over the link that supposed to show the first level, it does but when you move your mouse over to it, it disappears. Also, in IE6, there is some space underneath the <li></li> for no reason. Here is a live example: www.fredvaux.com/mdc/flyoutmenu/ I was wondering if you would kindly point me in the right direction. Thanks.
(19.01.2008, 12:59)

momotaro:-

I made the sub menu (single) scolling by auto:oveflow; this works fine but tuning the hover style is giving me headaches!
1) If I make the hover background #fff or remove background then the entire sub menu dissapears. Replacing #999 like your demo works though!
How could I make the hover background colour #fff or be removed?

/* style the link hover */
* html .menu a:hover {color:#555; background:#999;}

.menu :hover > a {
color:#555;
background:#999;
}
(27.08.2008, 08:03)

Al:-
Unfortunatly, on Flyout4, I find it impossible to select 6giii, as it disappears too fast. Is there a method to put a delay on this menu, allowing the mouse to get there in time?
(14.03.2012, 16:45)

If you move horizontally off the right edge of item 6g then vertically to the sub menu items then you can take all the time you like as this sub menu will stay open.
(14.03.2012, 16:51)

John:-
I would like to know how to make your "Another flyout menu with THREE sub levels" menu horizontal. I have tried all the CSS I know to make it happen. Just need matching drop and flyout menus.
(16.08.2012, 17:44)