Another flyout menu COMMENTS

Efrat, not a typo, but a hack. There would be no point in defining the margin-left as -16px then redefining it as 0.
The * html is a hack to target IE6 and lower only.
IE5.x will see margin-left:-16px; and IE6 will see the following margin-left:0;
(23.10.2006, 18:52)

Efrat:-
Thanks, Stu.
Let's assume I was choosing item 3a, and moved to the right page. How can I make in this page the "Item 3" display in a different color? (usually I would do it with a class, but I am afraid this will block the flyout menu, as it seems to operate with the class)
(24.10.2006, 00:07)

Efrat:-
I found a solution, it works with id="".

One more question: second level are always aligned to the top of the menu. If second level for the last item is short, like 2 sub-items, they hang up, and it doesn't look nice. Do you have a better idea than filling with pseudo links?
(24.10.2006, 07:56)

Efrat, the whole column for each flyout is occupied by the <ul> which has a transparent background.
You could apply a background color to these which will show as a complete column on hover.
(24.10.2006, 08:07)

Efrat:-
You may cancel my last question.
<li></li> works.

Have a great day,
Efrat
(24.10.2006, 08:21)

Efrat:-
Dear Stu,

Your page works in Mozilla Firefox, while I do not succeed to get it work in my pages. Is it because I am using asp, or is there any specific hack in your code?

Thanks,

Efrat.
(24.10.2006, 15:56)

Colin:-
Stu-This comment occurs in many of the menus:
</style>
<!--[if IE 7]>
<style type="text/css">
.menu li {float:left;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

If placing this into an external stylesheet does it remain intact?
(17.11.2006, 23:12)

Colin, no.
If you want this in an external stylesheet then load the stylesheet using a conditional comment to target IE7 only and then the stylesheet becomes:

.menu li {float:left;}

You cannot put conditional comments inside stylesheets.
(17.11.2006, 23:58)

Colin:-
Stu-thanks so much. To clarify:
.menu li {
background:#ddd;
height:26px;
}
<!--[if IE 7]>
.menu li {float:left;}
<![endif]-->
(18.11.2006, 14:48)

Colin:-
Stu-BTW. great menu(s) and opens up many posibilities. Any reason why XP Pro users (v. 6.0.29 only) experience a menu that is slightly shorter? Have entire menu float left to fit next to content:
.menu {