Basics COMMENTS

Ralph Johns:-

Have created this page(s) http://www.ralphjohnsuk.dsl.pipex.com/

Can not get it to display more than just the Bike on Mac IE. (Also puts up th hand icon like a link on th whole screen)

I have seen the comments above. Do you have any ideas as to how to get Mac IE to display this better. (like any of the Divs)

I have shaded the Bike from a hatched .gif in the #content div

Displays ok in Safari and Firefox on a Mac.
(05.07.2005, 23:28)

Ricardo:-
I took out the left div at http://www.freewebs.com/gmn17/ and it works in IE FF Safari and Konqueror(NN4 and IEMac, I don't know) It is fast and I haven't had any problems with it at all, I have been to your site for years and I have always admired it, many thanks.
(18.07.2005, 18:43)

Mark:-
Is it possible to center the fixed-layout 3 (http://www.cssplay.co.uk/layouts/body4.html)? I want the scrolling content to fit window-sizes between 800px and 1024px (I have a background image which is 1024px in width) and as soon as the window size is higher than 1024px the whole layout should be centered.
(28.10.2005, 14:05)

vvcj:-
好æäºï¼Good!
I like it very much!
(19.12.2005, 15:52)

Momotaro:-
I included H/UL Non Floating Menus in the head block using .centered ={margin:0 auto;} to get it to work in FF but need .centered ={margin:0 0 0 auto;}for IE centering!
And, including a fixed background image to the body tag only works in FF, I thought IE can recognise this too but nop! Any clues on this?
(11.01.2006, 08:17)

Momotaro:-
I have fixed the disapearing background by just calling an image to "#left" then positioned it by defining px values relevant to "# left" and this removes the body {background-attachment=fixed;} tag requirement.
Scrolls nicely with image stationary.
Only the H/UL Non Floating Menu won't center in IE using .centered={margin:0 auto}tag!
(11.01.2006, 12:04)

Momotaro:-
Menu positions in center fine without IE in Quirks Mode but then the Scoll doesn't appear when browser is shrinked! This is a fun challenge! Forgive my 3 posts please.
(11.01.2006, 13:33)

Momotaro, put IE in standards compliant mode and add 'text-align:center;' to the #head style.
(11.01.2006, 19:32)

Jonah:-
Is there a way to choose exactly what in the quirks mode to choose, so that I can use strict mode and still get the right hand scrollbar?
(25.01.2006, 15:06)

Jonah, unfortunately not. It is either quirks or standards compliant but not a mixture.
(27.01.2006, 10:12)