Basics2 COMMENTS

bullshark:-
Bug in Bascis2.html. There is an unseen problem with the footer, because you styled it text-align:right. The leftmost 18 characters are hidden unless you add the .pad class to the footer div.
(01.05.2006, 19:07)

James:-
A fantastic pure css solution to something i have been trying to do without javascript/frames for ages.... thanks a million!

One question... is there any easy way to get the scrollbar to only appear in the content area? Everything i haev tried has resulted in the bottom of the scrollbar disappearing offscreen (behind the footer)?

Thanks for getting me 95% of the way there though!
(23.06.2006, 12:31)

James:-
ahem... apologies, i have just seen the first back to basics which does what i was asking about.
Thanks very much for sharing thsi great code.
(23.06.2006, 13:00)

Jay Krasner:-
your generosity in sharing this is much appreciated. Issue: (which your code shows that you are aware of): onpage anchors do not seem to take one to the proper place in the window.
(30.06.2006, 20:05)

chro:-
is the IE vertical scroll problem been resolved?
(24.09.2006, 10:04)

Luke:-
Hi Stu, this is eactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
There are a couple of little bugs that I cant figure out fixes for though...

1. In IE6, when using this layout, my dropdown menu (where you select the specifics of an item to buy) doesn't stay behind the header when you scroll down. The dropdown box appears on top. I tried playing around with the z-index but no avail.

2. In ie5, using the mousewheel to scroll doesnt work.

Any ideas?
(08.10.2006, 15:25)

Dave:-
Love the code!!! Do you know there is a small (approx 1px horizontal area below the footer that allows body text to show through? Just thought you might want to know.
(24.12.2006, 16:16)

Dave:-
Want to clarify my last post.........appears to occur in IE6, not Firefox
(24.12.2006, 16:17)

Dave, fixed using a negative bottom margin.
(24.12.2006, 16:54)

Dave:-
Thanks, that's the same fix I applied. -1 works great.......once again, fantastic layout and I'll be using it for my family site. Thanks Again! Merry Christmas!
(24.12.2006, 19:46)