Basics2 COMMENTS

Michael, the FF mousewheel scroll is a bug in Firefox and not an error in the CSS. Firefox version 1.5 beta fixes this problem.
(02.11.2005, 21:33)

Confucius:-
Stu great Site! I have a question, what tags are you using to get the scroll bar to appear only on the far right side? Compared to the other design of yours: http://www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/layouts/fixit.html
What is different?
(10.11.2005, 20:22)

trevor:-
thanks a ton Stu! this example is so great for me today because i have been trying to simulate the look of a 16x9 movie reformatted for tv.

thanks for sharing. i wish you a boundless array of good things
(10.11.2005, 20:43)

Thomas Wolf:-
Stu,
Fantastic - many thanks for sharing indeed. Avoidance of quirks mode and limited use of hacks is wonderful :) Perfect, if only for one thing - when the page's content is short and does not force vertical scrolling you get a white bar down the RHS where the scroll bar would normally appear. Looks a bit odd when you start adding colours to the footer/header, etc. ...
(20.12.2005, 09:56)

Yanfu Xie:-
I am an absolute beginner. I followed your instructions and made a page with CSS-frame .I place the Google AdSense code on my page and view it in firefox, while draging scroll bar I found a problem . please check http://www.yitu.org/webtemp/test.htm
if you have good idea to correct it. please give me a email ( yitumail-code at yahoo dot com dot cn )
Thank you very much.
(07.01.2006, 07:50)

Chris:-
Hey, I love this method, but I have an issue in IE 6. Please visit:

Everything looks just fine in firefox, but there are no scroll bars in IE 6...though, I can still scroll with the keyboard or mouse wheel.

If you have any suggestions on how to fix it, please let me know.

Thanks.
(17.01.2006, 09:28)

Chris:-
I figured out the problem, and it wasn't related to this design at all. For some reason, the scrollbar in IE 6 moves to the right if a form has too large of a width. This does not show up in FF 1.5. Anyway, I just changed the form width to 95% rather than 100%.
(17.01.2006, 23:56)

Bea:-
Hi Stu

I am really new at CSS and am trying to work on an external stylesheet based on your format. It just won't work as a linked stylesheet in IE - what am I doing wrong???

It is okay in FF but just doesn't work in IE !!!!

That's just with copying your code exactly as you have set it out in your demo with NO changes to see if it would work in IE.......

(22.02.2006, 11:43)

Sara:-
This is awesome, thanks a million for sharing it.

As others have mentioned, it seems not to work in ie mac. When I look at your example page in ie mac 5.2 the bottom pad is missing and the scroll bar behaves strangely (the "bottom" of the scrollbar is below the edge of my browser window) -- any thoughts on how to get around this problem? I'd really love to use this but can't ignore my mac ie users.

Thanks Stu!
(01.03.2006, 18:12)

wcardinal:-
your method is working great for me. The only problem is a <select> box appears on top of the footer when scrolled. any solution to this with your method?
(04.04.2006, 06:49)