Basics2 COMMENTS

jdr:-
The header and footer fail to show when I put the css in an external file
(05.05.2005, 16:09)

jdr, are you including the print css which hides the header and footer?
(05.05.2005, 17:34)

Gary.:-
Hi Stu, Something strange with back to basics II - mouse wheel doesn't work the scrollbars in Firefox, only in IE. I was trying to fix this in my own page that I based on B2B2 and couldn't lick it, so I checked your original and found the same problem. I've tested this on two separate PCs, so it's a FF problem not a mouse hardware issue. Any idea how we can overcome this? Appreciate your thoughts!
(20.06.2005, 11:26)

Gary:-
Apologies, I have just read the last page of comments and see that you have previously addressed this FF bug. Let's hope they catch it for an upcoming release! Cheers, Gary.
(20.06.2005, 11:30)

Bill:-
Konqueror 3.4 also
(01.07.2005, 23:34)

davethedrummer:-
How do you use the .pad2 class? Sorry I am new to CSS. Can someone show me some sample html that shows how to use the .pad2
(18.07.2005, 19:55)

.pad2 is just a padding div applied to the top and bottom of the #content div. If this were not used then the #content text would begin under the #head and finish under the #foot. The .pad2 class should be at least as high as the #head so pushing the #content text down to start in the visible area below the #head.
Try leaving out the .pad2 div on my example and see what happens.
(18.07.2005, 21:23)

davethedrummer:-
Thanks Stu, I am using the .pad2 class nested inside the content DIV and now I see how it works and also finally my scrollbars look correct.
(21.07.2005, 20:52)

Darren:-
you are a god that walks among us?!
(03.08.2005, 12:36)

Michael:-
I am an absolute beginner. I followed your instructions and made a page with CSS-frame that really works in IE, FF and Opera.
Except for the mousewheel for scrolling in FF.
Though I really like your "frame"-layout, I will not go through with it, because it places
FF at a disadvantage (not-scrolling), while IE is causing the problem by not following standards in CSS. That just is not fair.
Sorry.