CSS Light Box Click COMMENTS

kuhn:-

great site, great demos!

I made some changes and (as I hope) improvements to the concept of the CSS lightbox... (e.g. got rid of all Javascript(expressions) in IE6- so the lightbox is now CSS-only).

If you are interested please check it out at:

www.k-u-h-n.net/wp/index.php/2009/07/08/kuhn-pure-css-lightbox/

bye
kuhn
(16.07.2009, 10:44)

NTulip:-
it does work in Chrome 3.0
(07.08.2009, 16:27)

Rob:-
When I look at your demo in safari the images do not stay on the screen unless I hold down the left mouse key. However in Firefox they stay until I click again. Is there a piece of code I can add to the css styles so that it works the same way for safari as it does for firefox?

thanks
rob
(29.08.2009, 17:14)

As I mention on the demo, this does not work in Safari and Google Chrome as these two browsers have different routines for monitoring the mouse click :active and :focus states. These ore only available with the mouse button held down. As soon as you release the button both these states are lost.
(29.08.2009, 17:30)

Erik:-
First of all I really think you create some fantastic css stuff!

Only problem i have with this code is that it does not validate.
(13.09.2009, 09:59)

It now validates.
(13.09.2009, 17:22)

Erik:-
Thanks Stu the HTML validates now.
The css does not, but so be it.

I have one more question if you don't mind.
In Firefox you can return to the thumbnails by just clicking anywhere.
In IE this doesn't work.
How can i make it work in IE like it is working in Firefox?
(14.09.2009, 09:05)

Kate:-
hiya,

was wondering is if it possible to have on the main images ( when the thumbnails are clicked) to have Arrows or next/previous buttons?

thanks

Kate
(16.10.2009, 16:37)

Giuliana:-
Dear Stu,

You are my CSS hero.

Thanks, and mangoes and key limes,

g
(16.11.2009, 05:21)

Lili:-
Hey Stu, I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6. If I scroll to the bottom of the page, the grey/lightbox does not cover the entire HTML page. It cuts off.

Don't know if an issue on my side, letting you know anyhow. Cheers mate.
(25.01.2010, 15:12)