CSS Light Box Click COMMENTS

Rich:-
If you size the browser so it has a scrollbar, then click on an image, the black background shows, however, if you then scroll down you can see the normal page with no black covering it.

If you then resize the browser to have no scrollbar, all is ok again.

How can you make it so the black covers everything, even when has scrollbar?
(09.03.2009, 08:42)

Chris Hudson:-
It works on my safari 4 beta on a 10.5.6 MacPro
(16.03.2009, 20:16)

Maybe Safari are changing their mouse clicks to fall into line with all other browsers (except Chrome). Opera made this change a few versions ago.
(17.03.2009, 22:41)

Cara:-
As always very impressive. Thank you for another fabulous demonstration!
(19.03.2009, 03:27)

Ariane:-
Hey where I can see how you did that? Only in the source code?
Can I use it more my homepage?
(31.03.2009, 19:04)

Rebecca Dykstra:-
I love this gallery. Everything works well except the X to close doesn't show up. I tested in Safari, Firefox and Opera. Help!
(01.04.2009, 20:47)

The white cross is a graphic image which is called up in the stylesheet as a background image 16 x 16 pixels www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/trees/close.gif
(01.04.2009, 20:58)

Simple Anecdote:-
Dear Stu,

Very impressive indeed!
I think I solved the height issue.
I checked it in FF 3.0.8 and in IE7 so obviously it needs more testing. But here it is anyway:

add " position: fixed; "
in:
.thumbholder a:active .lightbox .light, .thumbholder a:focus .lightbox .light {}

and:
.thumbholder a:active .lightbox .box, .thumbholder a:focus .lightbox .box {}

That way the full size of the lightbox screen just scrolls along with the rest of the page.

Thanks again for all your hard work. Your brilliant designs and implementations are always an inspiration.

I hope that for once I did something to contribute.

Me.
(06.04.2009, 11:17)

vinay:-
Yup, position:static will let users add relative positions to links
(16.04.2009, 12:00)

Little Girl:-
For the record, in Firefox, the picture opens with a click and closes with a click without having to click the X. This script also works in Konqueror 3.5.10 (under KDE 3.5.10) with the difference being that in Konqueror, you must click the X to close the picture.
(04.05.2009, 15:47)