CSS drop-line 2 COMMENTS

Todd Reid:-
Stu: You are AMAZING!!! Such a nice looking menu...

Well done!!!!
(11.10.2006, 19:56)

Thanks, Todd. I can't get it to work in IE5.5 though. Must try harder :)
(11.10.2006, 20:27)

Rodney:-
Stu, you keep surprising me with yet another great menu, excellent work again.
IE7 is almost out of beta, and IE6 runs even on my very ancient 233 Mhz machine, so I wouldn't spend much energy on making this work on IE5.5.
(11.10.2006, 22:34)

Rodney, 240 visitors from 120,000 this month use IE5.5 or less. But you are right in that these browsers will soon not be supported.
(11.10.2006, 22:52)

Todd Reid:-
Stu: By the way, my family and I are heading "across the pond" for our first European trip next week...we'll be in Salisbury for most of it, but also in London (and Paris for a few days)...can't wait!!!!

Todd
(12.10.2006, 01:14)

Rodney:-
Stu, that 240 (.2%) IE5.5 or less-users probably even include a few testers (yourself ?). Nice statics btw, you deserve it.
(12.10.2006, 08:33)

Gary:-
Hi Stu, Love the menu. Can preview the code in Safari! Question. How can this one be adapted to a vertical. Ask the question on another comment but I can't find how to change positioning.
(13.10.2006, 23:48)

Brett:-
Stu. Great menu. I have been trying to figure out if there is a way to allow the hover state to maintain on a certain menu item when a page is clicked (kind of a cookie crumb effect). This drop-line 2 menu would be a great example of that. Lets say for the first menu item, you clicked on a secondary page. Is there a fairly simple way to maintain the hover effect so the user can tell what page he is on?
(16.10.2006, 21:38)

Brett, you will need to give that menu a new class and style it so that its drop down line is visible, and the link also styled to have the selected look.
(17.10.2006, 08:01)

David:-
A wonderful menu once again.
Just one suggestion; could you add a space underneath the dropline to that the menu remains visible even if the mouse drifts off a little bit. YOu have done this for your drop down menu www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/final_drop3.html
I just thought this might improve usability.
Great site though, keep up the good work.
(13.11.2006, 14:53)

David, you could use the same method on this menu.
(13.11.2006, 17:32)

Adrian:-
Great demos Stu, cheers! Can I please ask your permission to adapt and use this dropline menu on a commercial project? Please email me for the url of the work in progress - adrian [at] transformerdesign .co .nz Thanks!
(19.12.2006, 04:50)

Nate:-
Do you think there will be a version of this menu with a 3rd layer drop down? Whether it was vertical or horizontal It would really expand the capability of this awesome menu!
(02.01.2007, 18:01)

Nate:-
Stu, I modified your CSS for the drop-line menu to enable it to handle multiple layers. If you are interested in this please email me. nstanley@vmind.com I would certainly allow you place it on your site if you would like to. BTW: All of your scripts and menus are awesome.
(03.01.2007, 18:21)

T. Baxter:-
I'm embarrassed to ask this, being a total non-coder (I use GoLive to design sites), but tried this menu (in GL), and found it referenced a bunch of .gif files... where would I find them? Or how would I make them?
(12.10.2007, 09:39)