CSS radio tabbed pages COMMENTS

Frisian:-
I don't know if this is limited to Firefox, but when you use display:none the labels can't be selected by keyboard. On the other hand, if you use position:absolute and some extreme coordinates to remove them from the viewport you can use the arrow keys to navigate between the tabs.
(27.06.2012, 07:40)

I would use the method that is on my concertina menu:
www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/cssplay-radio-concertina.html
This has display:none; for the close label which is changed to display:block when a tab is selected.
(27.06.2012, 08:10)

accesskey and left/right key support added.
(27.06.2012, 09:30)

Michael:-
how can i change this to mouseover?
(18.08.2014, 22:48)

You can't.
This works using radio 'checked' which requires a mouse click.
(19.08.2014, 08:02)

John Williamson:-
Hi Stu, your tutorials have been a God send to me over the years and i have learned os much from you. As I move forward in web design, I am constantly hobbled by older browsers not displaying something right, most notably IE9 and below. I am having a dickens of a time getting this menu :cssplay-radio-tabs.html to display in IE9. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks so much,

John Williamson
john@mediabyjohn.com
(01.06.2015, 18:04)

This demo works in IE9 so you need to check that you have copied the correct code and stylesheet. I do offer a service to fault find but would need to quote for this.
(01.06.2015, 18:50)

Val:-

I want to put multiple instances on the same page. You mention on the demo page that this only requires small changes to the CSS, but I can't figure out what changes will do the trick. Could you explain? Many thanks.
(25.06.2015, 02:22)

Just continue on with the input tab id numbering and view numbering in the code and add the :checked ~ view for each in the stylesheet.
(25.06.2015, 08:34)

Val:-
Hi Stu, thanks for the instructions. I did the input tab id & view numbering and added the :checked ~ views. STILL could not get two tab panels to work on the same page. Finally I put each one between form tags, and that (in combination with your numbering instructions) seems to have done the trick! They work great.
(26.06.2015, 04:09)