CSSplay 3D Box COMMENTS

Rajish:-
Consumes half of my CPU (Ubuntu 12.04, Chrome, Laptop Asus A6Rp)
(07.03.2012, 21:38)

It's only a demo, but it does do a lot of graphic animation so I am not surprised at the CPU usage.
(08.03.2012, 08:01)

Rajish:-
Stu,
I love your work and I'm you follower (I'm forty and I want to be like you when I grow up :) Please consider my comment a benchmark, not a complaint. Let's see how next versions of browsers improve things.
(08.03.2012, 08:34)

Have you checked the CPU usage in different browsers to see which uses less?
(08.03.2012, 09:19)

Rajish:-
Here are results for a Dell Precision T3400 (Intel Quad Core, 4GB RAM, NVidia Quadro NVS 290, Linux 64-bit):
1. Chrome (17.0.963.66) ~15% CPU (means 60% of one core)
2. Opera - doesn't work (as you mentioned)
3. Firefox (10.0.2) ~33% CPU (means above 100% of one core)

Additional notes:
- Chrome is faster but has problems with Z-buffer sorting -- images that should be hidden pop into the front.

- Firefox shows proper rendering but is really slow.

- Chrome on my poor old laptop didn't render a cube at all -- only the wall with the hooded woman spun around.
(09.03.2012, 09:57)

Safari is by far the smoothest and renders everything correctly.
I have asked the Mozilla Developer Engagement team why Firefox should be so jerky and jagged.
(09.03.2012, 10:25)