CSSplay Touch Dropline COMMENTS

Vincent:-
Hi.
Can you explain me what the onclick attribute on #wrapper really do? I see that without it, the menu doesn't work on touch screens, but i don' t know why.
Thank you.
Vincent
(07.04.2013, 14:07)

It forces iOS to monitor taps on any element contained within the 'wrapper' div so actions CSS :hover on any element. This allows the menu to open using li:hover and close by tapping anywhere outside of the menu.
(07.04.2013, 15:56)

Vincent:-
Thank you for your reply.
I'm OK with that, but how do you found this? Is there a documentation anywhere?
Vincent
(07.04.2013, 21:53)

This is something that I discovered whilst looking for an answer to the problem of closing an open sub menu. I do not think that it is documented anywhere else on the web.
(07.04.2013, 22:32)

George Milner:-
Stu .. Brilliant site - thanks! :)

I'm building a site for my sports club and am building personal menus at login influenced by the page-viewing permissions of different users. I have developed a system to do this with php and mySQL. I'd love to use this menu design. Is there any reason why my mySQL/php approach would not work?
(19.04.2013, 21:56)

As long as the mySQL/php generates the correct code then there is no reason why this would not work.
(19.04.2013, 22:25)

George:-
Thanks for your quick response!

Logical :)

My code generates unordered lists of hyperlinks which are then presented using CSS.

I see that you don't recommend lists of hyperlinks for menus. I'd be happy to bow to your expertise here. What would I need to generate?
(19.04.2013, 22:41)