CSSplay Touch Multi One COMMENTS

Mark Stewart:-
Nice to see you've brought back this fly-out drop-list header model. If there's a way to do it (properly) browser technology will get there... eventually. At last!

Well done. But my challenge on this one remains unresolved: to keep the drop-down a fixed width and over-lay fly-outs. Responsive menus for handhelds should give us some ideas, yes?
(05.01.2014, 01:20)

Jamie:-
I was hoping to escape nav menu hell, but I am back in it, even with your neat solution.

cssplay-touch-multi-level-one.html

I copied the css and 3x gif files and made a nav menu only page project-himalaya.com/2014/0nav-working.html
Sadly, in an older iPad 2 (girlfriend's) this doesn't drop down or display any functionality, other than the "Home" index.html link working. The demo (ie CSS-play page) does function fully though. I am fairly certain the only changes are I have taken out sub-levels of navigation and is html5 and the charset utf-8.
"My" menu does function on everything else lying around: an older android phone, on my android tablet and desktop IE, FF and Chrome.
Is this a problem you have run into previously?
Happy to donate.

jamie8848@gmail.com

PS after my previous attempt I started right at the beginning, before starting to customize code. I was rather surprised to find it not working on the only iThing lying around :/
(09.04.2014, 08:42)

For this to work on the iPad etc. you need an outer page wrapper with the line onclick="".
On my demo this is:
<div id="wrapper" onclick="">
(09.04.2014, 09:15)

Jamie:-
You beauty!
(Dumb of me; I did read about that condition on another page...)
(10.04.2014, 08:18)

Jacko:-
If you have an image directly below the menu, will the men disappear behind it? If so, can you prevent that?
(25.07.2014, 22:57)

You will need to set the z-index of each top level element so that the menu shows on top of the element below.
(26.07.2014, 07:56)

Jacko:-
So sorry (you must get fed up with this) but I'd need to what now? New to this and your site looks amazing!
(26.07.2014, 10:50)

Not sure I understand 'but I'd need to what now'?
(26.07.2014, 14:14)