Chunky borders COMMENTS

Ben:-
Thanks Stu, I was going to try and figure this out by myself, now I can skip all that extra work and copy and paste :)
(14.03.2007, 01:31)

Rodney:-
small typo in "For non-IE6 browsers": 'transparernt'
(14.03.2007, 19:47)

kburn:-
mybe a way to fix it up, could be the using of atransparent png for the beginning of the baloon..
It's a pretty trash solution, but..

if some1's got some better idea plz share :)
(22.03.2007, 08:45)

Ethan Herdrick:-
Hi Stu:

This line in the CSS throws me for a loop:

* html .xsnazzy em {width:24px; height:12px; w\idth:0; hei\ght:0;}

What do w\idth and hei\ght mean?
Thanks!
(25.05.2007, 04:28)

Ethan, this is a hack for IE5/IE6.
Only IE recognises the * html bi, then both IE5 and IE6 see the width and height setting, but only IE6 recognises the w\idth and hei\ght setting.
This enable us to correct the faulty box model in IE5. This is a recognised way of hacking IE.
You could use conditional comments to load a separate stylesheet for both browsers.
(25.05.2007, 07:53)

Ethan Herdrick:-
Hi Stu: OK, so what is the story with the backslashes? Can they go anywhere in 'width' and 'height'? Does IE6 ignore backslashes in attribute names?

Thanks!
(25.05.2007, 22:52)

Ethan, Google searching will give lots of information on this hack as it is used all over the web.
www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=2&cid=E0989953B6F20B41
is one such page.
(25.05.2007, 23:18)

Ethan Resnick:-
Thanks so much. This is amazing!!
(22.06.2007, 08:35)

UsualDosage:-
Hey Stu, thanks for the code. I wrapped up the CSS and put it inside an ASP.NET Custom Web Control for a codeproject article.

www.codeproject.com/useritems/RoundedPanelControl.asp

You and CSS Play are linked, and, of course, given credit for the CSS in the article. Thanks, and great work!
(18.09.2007, 19:35)

Tim - Call me Mouse:-
Stu, one word⦠NICE!

More words⦠I am trying to use this in a Drupal theme and I need to tighten the spacing top and left of the boxes. I may just be blind but I cant see how to loose the borderâ¦

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for all your work
(27.09.2007, 14:56)

Rosy:-
Hello Stu, regarding Chunky Borders and corners with no images. I tried to apply this on my work website.www.djusd.k12.ca.us/AdultSchool but in IE6 the bottom gets disjointed on all the pages with exception of the home page. Could you tell me what I am doing wrong? I am using templates for the 2nd and 3rd tier.
(10.12.2007, 07:57)

sean:-
hmmm im confused....i cant find the css for the the rounded corners on the css page using firebug...is there a way to see the code without using such a program
(15.11.2008, 00:44)

Kev:-
Hi Stu, What a great site you have created.
I've been having a play around with the 'chunky boarders' code the results of which can be seen at www.thew3bindex.com hope I've managed to do your tutorials Justis.
(13.02.2009, 22:36)

Rain Lover:-
Dear Stu,

Please look at the following source code:

.xb4, .xb5, .xb6, .xb7 {background:#ccc; border-left:1px solid #fff; border-right:1px solid #fff;}

The background-color (#CCC) seems to be doing nothing and it doesn't make any changes if I use other color codes.

Thanks in advance for any clarification!
Best Regards
(21.12.2010, 15:21)

batman:-
Hi Stu, thank u for the information. Providing downloadable demo for each box will help to gain more knowledge for amateurs like me. great going.
(24.05.2012, 07:59)