Click gallery COMMENTS

billy, if you are referring to Safari on a Mac, then I cannot afford one of these just for test purposes. If you are referring to Safari (PC) then I do test on this browser and say if it conforms.
This demo makes use of the :active/:focus state and unfortunately Safari has a non-standard way of dealing with this. The :active/:focus state is only there whilst the mouse key is pressed. Once it is released then the state is lost. ALL other browsers hold the state until the button is re-clicked. This even applies to Opera 9.5 Beta which has changed from the Safari action to be the same as Firefox etc.
So Safari does not conform to 'standards' with regard to mouse operation.
(10.03.2008, 21:16)

John:-
Hi Stu I have subsittuted my image refs for yours in the code but on click the thmbnail set doesn't open. What am I (not) doing? Many thanks
(20.03.2008, 09:03)

Aaron:-
Very nice display. My only concern after playing with this is 'load time'. I haven't pursued this much but I'm wondering if a slower connection will take too long to load.
(19.04.2008, 06:12)

Trev:-
I was delighted to find css_play. It is what I have been looking ages for (I think), for my web site. www.castlechurch.co.uk
I am working with Dreamweaver 8 on a Mac and use Firefox. My problems are
1 Do I need image files for menu bars?
2 Do I need to size my images and thumbnails exactly to size?
(06.05.2008, 11:04)

Fabricio:-
Hey Stu. Love your stuff man. Could you help me? I'm trying to understand your slidding gallery, but when i click, it doesn't slide. I think it's because the class topic.
Thanks!
(29.07.2008, 18:35)

Ken:-
Love your work Stu. But I too am on a Mac and so are a surprising number of my clients. And it baffles me that this sliding menu does not work on a Mac Safari browser. Even 3.1, which was an major improvement.
It does open on Windows Safari, even the Develop/User Agent/Safari 3.1-Mac version which is bogus.
I will check back to see if there are updates.
(31.07.2008, 19:06)

Javé:-
A Sliding List Click Gallery don't work in Google Chrome.
(17.01.2009, 23:43)

Glenn:-
Question how do I obtain a copy of this demo? I would like to use "A sliding list click gallery" but I cannot find how to download it.
Thanks,
Glenn
(06.02.2010, 04:53)

The code and stylesheet can be found in the page source code and the site FAQs will tell you where to look.
The three graphics images cab be found here:
www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/button/gallery_0.gif
www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/button/gallery_1.gif
www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/button/gallery_2.gif
You wil need to generate your own images and thumbnails.
(06.02.2010, 08:15)

Glenn:-
Thanks, I got the button images and it looks good. I have some test images also.
(19.02.2010, 03:01)