Curved corners COMMENTS

Trisha:-
stu, can you email me a page with just the code for the curved corners and the CSS needed for it? I just am not sure what I need to do. trisha.watts@insightbb.com
(13.05.2005, 06:19)

Trisha, do you want 'bullet' corners or 'snazzy corners'? I would not recommend 'bullet corners for any serious use but snazzy corners are ok.
(13.05.2005, 08:07)

Chris Hunt:-
I've reworked your curved corner CSS to use ems , so that you can re-size the box. It's still a pixel out here and there, but good enough. Judicious use of negative margins also mean that the main boxes no longer need to be a fixed height or width. Here it is:

.curvy {position:relative; background:#89a; color:#000; margin:5em 0;}
#ctl, #cbl, #ctr, #cbr {position:absolute; width:.133em; height:.133em; color:#89a; background:#fff;overflow:hidden;z-index: 1;font-size:150px; font-family:arial;}
#ctl {top:0px; left:0px;}
#cbl {top:100%; left:0px; margin-top:-.133em;}
#ctr {top:0px; left:100%; margin-left:-.133em;}
#cbr {top:100%; left:100%; margin-top:-.133em;margin-left: -.133em;}
#quadtl, #quadtr, #quadbl, #quadbr {position:absolute; color:#89a;line-height:.266em;z-index: 1;}
#quadtl {left:-0.053em;}
#quadtr {left:-0.166em;}
#quadbl {left:-0.053em; top:-0.113em;}
#quadbr {left:-0.166em; top:-0.113em;}
#txt {margin-top:0.033em; margin-left:0.033em; padding: 0.5em; color:#eef; z-index: 2; position:relative;}
(14.06.2005, 10:19)

Chris, that must have taken some time. I will take a look at it.
(14.06.2005, 17:30)

Chris Hunt:-
Well, not as long as I should have spent - You set the font size to 150px, so you can convert all the pixel dimensions to ems by dividing them by 150. As I said, it's a pixel out here and there, so the em figures probably need nudging up and down a bit - but that WOULD have taken time. Contact me through www.extraconnections.co.uk if you want to get in touch.
(17.06.2005, 11:08)

Raynald:-
Hello,
it doesn't work on my Minux (Ubuntu system) Firefox, and I don't know why... Maybe it's my configuration, but not sure : http://raynald.ouvaton.org/special/Capture-4.png
Great job, thanks for sharing it!
(18.08.2005, 01:50)

Raynald, it is probably due to your font set up and my pixel sizing. Perhaps it would work if you used the em conversion buy Chris Hunt (a few posts back).
(18.08.2005, 07:52)

Raynald:-
Tried it but no way. I'll ask some Ubuntu specialist, this is very strange... I'll tell you.
(18.08.2005, 09:20)

Raynald, do you have Arial font on your system?
(20.08.2005, 12:33)

Raynald:-
Hey, I'm sorry that I'm answering late. I didn't have the Arial font by default on my system, so your curved box didn't work. Now I have this font and your curved box look great : http://raynald.ouvaton.org/special/Capture.png. Thanks for your answers.
(01.09.2005, 01:50)