Definition list menu COMMENTS

Ray, multi-level menus are only possible in browsers that support :hover on all tags OR using javascript. I'm afraid that this rules out a css only cross-browser method.
(15.06.2005, 17:24)

Gary Badger:-
Hi Stu, What am I doing wrong here? I am trying to learn by editing your menu from http://www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/menus/definition.html, and when I edit the <dd><a href="#".... line by changing the # to a URL (eg "about.html") I lose all the lovely formatting. I change it back to a hash and the formatting returns. I'm sure the solution is obvious, but I just can't see it for the life of me. I would be grateful for your guidance!
(16.06.2005, 05:46)

Gary, changing the href="#" to href="about.html" should have no effect on the style. Make sure that you have not deleted any part of the link and that it looks like this <dd><a href="about.html" title="Paul Cezanne">Paul Cezanne</a></dd> for example.
(16.06.2005, 07:35)

Gary:-
Right you are, Stu. I hadn't realised I changed something in the CSS. Many thanks!
(16.06.2005, 07:44)

John Mes:-
Wonderful, educational work, thanks for making it available! One question on the definition.html list, though: why use .gifs for styled corners & arrows when 'snazzy' (CSS only) borders could be used? Not from a 'purist' perspective of course... :-)
(03.07.2005, 16:11)

Gary:-
Hi Stu. I used your menu and it got a lot of attention. I was asked to write a tutorial about 'how to', which I just did, and gave you heaps of credit. http://htmlfixit.com/?p=808 Thanks as always!
(28.11.2005, 10:27)

Virginia:-
Just found your site a few days ago and am loving all the fun ideas here. What a great idea to build a menu using a definition list! I'm wondering, is there any way to turn this into a drop down list that appears only when you mouse over the definition term at the top? I have been able to hide the lower part of the list using dd{display:none;} but no permutation of :hover that I've tried makes them reappear. What am I missing?
(07.03.2006, 21:10)

Virginia, if you are using Internet Explorer the :hover will only work on links so you would need to enclose the list within a link and then hide the dds using either visibility:hidden; or display:none; to make them re-appear you will need to fisrtly style a:hover then style a:hover dd.
I have used a similar method on unordered lists to produce my latest drop down and fly out menus.
(07.03.2006, 21:17)

Binu Mathew:-
Dear,

I like this. A big thank you. I was told that CSS is better, but didn't know how to use it in website. I was looking for samples and I got it from your site.

Thank you very much...
(06.08.2006, 11:05)

Robiertro:-
Have you made a horizontal menu that looks like this one? I'm trying to locate a CSS horizontal example of a menu where the four corners of the entire menu are rounded, but the individual menu items are not. Does that make sense?
(15.10.2009, 18:12)