Doors drop-line three COMMENTS

Mike:-
How about this - trying to get everything passed from one set of values passed by clicking the link. Since each 'current' and 'sub' has it's own link, this should work. I don't think my syntax is right though - maybe it's dot notation - not sure how to catch all that in one.

In the example below, the user clicks on the "results" sub item, which is located on the 2nd 'current' menu tab, in the 2nd 'sub' position. The default page would have the first 'current' menu item and first 'sub' item active.

Just not sure of the php syntax to do this.

<?

Mike:-
oops! Ignore the extra

}
?>
(25.02.2007, 15:59)

Gregg:-
Did that work for you mike?
I still battle with the syntax too but that logic makes sense to me.

So could I call my included nav with a querystring?

I modified Mikes example.

<?
switch ($page&$current&$sub) {
case "results":
include('nav.php?two&b');
break;
default:
include('nav.php?one&a');
}
?>
(26.02.2007, 07:38)

Mike:-
To be honest, I haven't tried it out yet - I ran out of time yesterday. The logic seems to be alright, it's just the syntax that concerns me.

I'm also fiddling with another 2 line validating css menu (or something like that) that is only CSS (no PHP)...but that one is giving me some problems too.

Basically, I need the menu to keep the current subnav active/visible, until a different top nav button is clicked.

I am at the office now, but will be working on this again this evening - I'm in Toronto, Canada, so it's 9;20am EST here - I think the time difference to the UK makes it a bit difficult to catch each other sometimes.

Good luck - I'll post any breakthroughs later.

Mike
(26.02.2007, 14:22)

Gregg:-
Hi Stu

I am still battling to get this working properly... would it be possible to get a sample with the php and css in? I would be prepared to make a donation for the time.

Thanks
gregg-at-iaminawe-dot-com
(14.04.2007, 20:38)

Mark:-
I see your bottom level links are positioned absolutely. My whole page will be centered, so positioning absolutely won't work. Is there a work around this that still uses ul's? Or do I have to use div's?
(28.06.2007, 13:16)

Mark, the #nav is position relative (which can be centered). The absolute position of the drop line is relative to this so will still work.
(01.07.2007, 21:09)

Sean Cotter:-
I've noticed that removing the bold styling around each month name causes the top part of the menu to lose the rest of its styling, running all the words together. Perhaps this is caused by other changes I'm making, but even so it seems odd. Is this an issue you're aware of? If so, any advice?

I got the PHP stuff working fine with my modified version of this sample, but haven't been able to solve this particular style problem.

Your site is a wonderful resource. Some day I hope to use some of your code in my redesign of my wife's site (warnerphoto.com), but it's a big project and will take a while.
(28.08.2007, 13:55)

Kevin:-
if I use as a ssi include, the menu wraps and the spacing between menu items is way off. Any thoughts?
(29.08.2007, 20:26)

Kevin:-
Nevermind. Had a conflicting stylesheet.
(29.08.2007, 20:55)