Fitted doors NO images COMMENTS

flump:-
that's pretty damn good, shame it's not AA though :)
(27.05.2004, 23:23)

AA?
(28.05.2004, 12:31)

flump:-
anti aliased, so it looks smooth. still looks great
(28.05.2004, 14:14)

I think I can do something about that. ;-)
(28.05.2004, 18:46)

A small improvement. Still working on it :)
(28.05.2004, 20:05)

Tony:-
Well done Stu,
another creative solution, keep up the excelant work.
(29.05.2004, 01:32)

Ryan:-
For your next version you may look at making it so you can have one or two lined text in the same menu. For example, remove one of the <br /> tags from the second example to see what I mean. Not sure how complicated that would be though. Still nice work though. Interesting to see what new ideas come from CSS.
(01.06.2004, 17:55)

Ryan:-
Well, I guess you could just leave the <br /> at the end of any single-line menu items and that would produce the same effect. I'll try that.
(01.06.2004, 22:12)

Hi Ryan. I have added a third menu just to demonstrate how this can be done.
(01.06.2004, 22:13)

Anonym:-
hmm not using any images?? how do you create the round borders then??
(03.06.2004, 01:43)

Hello 'anonym'. Yep, no images. Look at the source code for img tags (there are none on this page). If you have a browser that allows you to turn off images then check it out, the page will still look the same.
(03.06.2004, 09:23)

Bucles:-
Wow, so much to learn.
Thank you.
(04.06.2004, 08:11)

Jeff:-
I think he meant ala (a list apart), but don't you think this is a bit excessive on the code, it has many empty spans
(08.06.2004, 01:40)

Jeff:-
what's up with the order of the comments? sorry for posting twice but I was commenting on stu's last comment and it died

and now I realized that my last comment about thinking that he meant ala was completely and utterly incorrect
(08.06.2004, 01:42)

Jeff, the order of the comments is beyond my control at the moment. Portland are running several servers (load sharing) but their clocks are out of sync. The empty spans create the corner detail and take the place of four separate images. The idea was that the tabs would display in browsers with images turned off.
(08.06.2004, 08:23)

Jimbo:-
Very nice but you should address accessibility issues wherever possible. Tabbing through the elements on the page does not put the familiar dashed rectangle around the link so a mouse is required. Might be dodgy in text-only browsers too.
(12.06.2004, 12:06)

RushLoverSeattle:-
Beautiful examples. Would love to see more with drop down (or out) positioned menus, some sounds?, and pop-out boxes (alt text?)
Thank you so much!
(22.07.2004, 08:42)

Sundaramurthy C:-
Hi I just stumbled up on your site.But it seems to me as one of the finest in css .Thanks for all your efforts and will learn
(28.09.2004, 12:29)

Anonym:-
Hi, I don't know how to put it, but here's what I'm trying to get done:
|TAB1|TAB2|TAB3|_________
The selected tab should be 'open' (no bottom border) the rest of the tabs 'closed'.

I don't seem to get the line as it should. Have you ever done this? I tried it with an inline-block div, but always end up with a space between the last tab and the div with border-bottom: solid 1px.

Thanks!
(21.11.2004, 18:02)

Stephen, ApexWebSolutions:-
Absolutely brilliant site, Stu. I'm thankful that the Google update brought your site higher. Any comments about usage of these? What can we use / not use?
(12.03.2005, 10:54)

Hi Stephen, You can use almost anything you like on this site. All I ask is that you don't copy my home page styles or my CSS miniature art (unless you seek permission first). The css for any of the examples is contained in the inline style for the page. A link back would be nice (to enable others to discover this site) but not compulsory.
(12.03.2005, 12:40)

Arpi:-
Works also with Konqueror 3.4.0 perfectly!
(11.07.2005, 17:19)

John Nordstrom:-
Brilliant work here, Stu. Can you tell me how to modify the stylesheet to accomodate a black background behind the tabs?
Best,
john_nordstrom@yahoo.com
(27.07.2005, 19:25)

John, just change all the borders and backgrounds to #000 on .va .vb .vc and .vd but it is probably easier to use the 'snazzy menus'.
(27.07.2005, 20:14)

Garrett Boon:-
This doesn't seem to be working in Opera 9.
(17.08.2006, 20:09)

Garrett, Opera 9.01 appears to be unable to handle this, which is odd because v9 beta worked perfectly, as did all earlier versions. But as I said in the information, it is probably easier to use the 'snazzy menu'.
(17.08.2006, 20:49)

Rachel:-
Stu, great site. Thanks for sharing. Is there a way to put some space in between the menu items. I have tried several things but just can't get it to work.
Thanks
(24.08.2006, 20:36)

Rachel, just add a margin right to the dd.
dd {float:left; margin:0 1px 0 0; etc....
(24.08.2006, 21:16)

JohnD:-
Great help! Thanks.

How can I "drop" the text line a little in the box to center both vertically and horizontally?
(11.01.2009, 01:04)