Flexible 3Cols COMMENTS

Works perfectly in my Firefox 3.6.13
(18.02.2011, 19:48)

Patrick:-
Thanks for this awaysome demo Layout !

But a have a question is it possible to set a fixed height to header and footer and strech the main content to 100% browser height ?

Thanks
(16.03.2012, 19:17)

steffy:-
nice post
(19.10.2012, 08:12)

MikeAvery:-
I used this layout, with the smaller columns on the left and right, and it looks great!

Until I try to print it. It delivers 3 pages with Firefox 16.0.1. On your demo site, it produces 2 pages. In both cases, one would suffice.

While Chrome and Safari print the layout as expected, Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9 produce 25 to 38 pages. 38 using IE 9 on your demo page at www.cssplay.co.uk/layouts/flexible-3column.html,

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,
Mike
(26.10.2012, 04:16)

You will need to produce a print.css stylesheet to format the printing as you want it.
(26.10.2012, 08:05)

MikeAvery:-
Actually, I've already tried that. I'd hoped for somewhat more concrete assistance.

Do you have any idea what is triggering all the spurious page feeds so I'll know how to avoid them?
(26.10.2012, 13:19)

The page feeds are probably being caused by the bottom paddings and margins which are used to get the columns the same height:
#outer1, #outer2, #outer3 {padding-bottom:32767px; margin-bottom:-32767px;}
(26.10.2012, 22:11)

MikeAvery:-
Thank you Stu! I'd wondered about the padding. Now it's time to experiment!
(31.10.2012, 01:40)

MikeAvery:-
That did it! Thanks for the pointer!
(31.10.2012, 02:30)

michael:-
genau das habe ich gesucht, es ist das Beste das ich gesucht hatte,

danke