Flexible Layout COMMENTS

suneetha:-
excellent
(30.04.2009, 14:36)

Jim Haslip:-
This place amazes me.

Thank you Mr Nichols for all of your wisdom and more importantly, sharing it.
(29.05.2009, 15:21)

Erik Leo:-
Really nice demo. If any of you use the technique used here to make all columns reach the footer, and you have an element that has a position: absolute assigned, be aware your layout will break in Opera 10-beta. You will have a huge amount of whitespace beneath your page. This ONLY occurs in that browser, and as far as I know there is no fix.
(05.07.2009, 18:48)

Tom Byrnes:-
Stu: Outstanding site. I adapted this demo to get the columns that "go all the way down" effect. One nagging issue, however, and its a function of the "margin-bottom: huge; padding-bottom: -huge" trick: If the user jumps from a link within the page to another id/name within that same page, the display breaks. In mine, the top scrolls under the header (which does have some absolute positioning), and the bottom spills out under the footer (ditto). Any clues appreciated. Thanks again.
(23.07.2009, 08:39)

Ritwik:-
This looks good. A lot of learning. Esp in adjustments of columns.
(30.07.2009, 07:10)

Andrew:-
DAB, it is 700px or at least I believe so. Where'd you see 800?
(01.09.2009, 15:29)

Jury:-
Did anyone succeeded in adaption this layout to left and right columns fixed width (say 240px) instead of %% ? I tried that, but immediately layout get broken :(
(14.09.2009, 03:54)

Mike:-
In IE6, resizing the window larger makes the top red banner disappear. Making the window smaller makes it appear.
(02.10.2009, 13:19)

Richard Posey:-
I'm blaming Microsoft and their "standards compliant" software for this, but this layout blows up horribly in Expression Web 2 and 3. The only reason I mention that is that my web team at a public library uses it (we get a discount ... Adobe won't give libraries discounts ... thank you, Microsoft, for that) ... the page looks great in Dreamweaver CS4 and all the main browsers. I'm wondering what Expression Web really has an issue with. I've seen some funky behavior in one our current CSS layouts.

THANK YOU for running this site, Stu.
(10.11.2009, 16:59)

Richard Posey:-
Got it ... this is what makes Expression Web freak out:

#outer1, #outer2, #outer3, #outer4, #outer5 {padding-bottom:32767px; margin-bottom:-32767px;}
(10.11.2009, 17:06)