Flicker free mk3 COMMENTS

Mark:-
Stu,

Thanks for your response. What I meant was not just having an image at the top level, but having a flicker-free 'hover sensitive' image at the top level -- basically, exactly like this, but with a basic drop-down.
(17.06.2007, 20:54)

Russ:-
Stu,

I think once again, Mark is asking the same thing I am. I tried your scrolls example, but what I can't seem to figure out how to do is remove the text from the top level image (via the method used in 'Flicker free mk3 without text') without also removing the text from the drop down menu -- in essence combining 'Flicker free mk3' with 'The basic cross-browser drop-down validating menu.' Is such a thing possible? And if so, how? That was my original question. Any help here at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again for all the excellent work you do here.
(20.06.2007, 17:04)

David:-
I'll second Dimitri and Daniel. Konqueror 3.5 and Safari 2.0.4 don't seem to like this implementation. Anyone have a workaround? I read what Daniel said about adding :hover but could not get it to work.

If I figure it out, I will post here again..
(21.09.2007, 14:50)

David:-
man, I hate to say it... but i'm going back to javascript.

email me if anyone ever comes up with a solution..

xaris1 at gmail
(21.09.2007, 15:26)

David, there is an answer using opacity but it will not validate as opacity is CSS3.
(22.09.2007, 21:27)

Dana:-
this is exactly what I've been looking for, all my previous CSS attempts have ended with flickers. I have a question though. My 6 images, 400x80 display in two columns and I want them to display in one column. Can you help me please? I must be overlooking something. Thanks!
(30.11.2007, 16:47)

Dana, you probably need to take the 'float:left; out of the list styling.
(30.11.2007, 17:05)

James Trueman:-
Hi Stu
I have been trying to use this menu but cannot get it to align center, I see you have written about centering UL, but I really can't fathom out how to transfer that stying to this - can you help?
(09.07.2008, 21:47)

Lykle:-
Hey good people,
Still have not figured out how to do a clicked state. I know I need to use :active, but don't get it.
Also, in IE it works, but in Moz it will not show the hover image. Removes the original, but does not show the new one.
(07.12.2008, 13:22)