Flicker free mk3 COMMENTS

rasp:-
Stu, Is there any way to make this work in IE with a doctype of <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

thankyou

HTML #menu A:hover {
HEIGHT: 22px /* original = 0px */
}
*used for IE in quirks mode - tested with IE6
(10.01.2007, 11:17)

jeff:-
great tutorial, exactly what I was looking for!
One question though, is it possible to make a 3rd image appear once the user clicks on the "over" image?
(13.01.2007, 23:41)

jeff, you will need to style the :active/:focus state to show another image.
(13.01.2007, 23:43)

jeff:-
Stu, I'm way confused here.. I don't know what code needs to be changed or how. I tried altering the "hover" code by copy/paste in my .css and renaming "hover" with "active" and used my new image but when i load my page it now makes the "hit" image my hover image.
u can see it at www.monstersinktattoos.com/main2.html
(17.01.2007, 01:19)

Daniel:-
In Konqueror 3.4.2. the top menu, image replacement with no text, always shows the active color image.
Adding :hover to each menu item that contains the active color image does seem to resolve this issue. I don't know if this is the best solution, but it also keeps on working in FF1.5, IE6 and Mozilla 1.7.
(15.04.2007, 15:33)

Mark:-
Stu,

Thanks for the incredible job you do here. Would it be possible to add a drop-down to this? Thank you very much
(10.06.2007, 05:34)

Russ:-
Stu,

I just wanted to second Mark's question about combining this with a drop down. I don't mean something like 'Artists drop-down,' but something similar to 'The basic cross-browser drop-down validating menu' with images at the top level instead of just styled text. Would that be possible? Thanks a ton for your incredibly helpful work!
(11.06.2007, 20:55)

Mark, Russ, it is always possible to make the top ;evel item use an image instead, www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/scrolls_menu.html is a dropdown menu that uses background images.
(11.06.2007, 21:42)

3Pinter:-
Stu,

It seems that IE6/IE7 in quirksmode doesn't like your solution.

It keeps showing the link text (heightpicture = 80px, padding-top 80px;)

Any help would be great!

oh and no-quirks-mode works but than my layout get's funny in IE6/IE7