Flicker free mk3 COMMENTS

Berend Raap:-
The images are contained in the CSS but most of the times we don't want images in the CSS because where the CSS stays the same for the whole site, images may change. We don't want a different CSS for each pages with different images that have to be displayed, do we?
(14.06.2005, 13:19)

Berend, if you want images as links then by all means use images. The idea behind this is for people who are concerned with accessibilty and want to use TEXT in their markup but display images. This way text readers will work and also text only browsers will display correctly. But this obviously does not concern you.
(14.06.2005, 17:29)

zhou:-
it's great.have one of the question.the <ul id="mainmenu"> when the mouse "a:active" after,
the li.background as the same as the ul.background.how do that?
(07.11.2005, 09:12)

Elm:-
Hi Nicole,
thanx for this wonderful css examples. Before I know this site i was using css, now i´m playing with it. I learnd so much (may be a little bit english as well)
Elm
(17.11.2005, 20:47)

Euan:-
Hi Stu, I'm busy learning my way around CSS, so apologies if the answers to my questions are obvious:

Is there an easy way to combine the flicker free method to the image based fitted doors example? Could this be extended to cover a selected state using body tag id?

Many thanks,
(15.02.2006, 12:15)

Euan, I cannot think of an easy way to combine the flicker free method to the fitted doors example. A selected state using a body id is always possible and there are many examples of how to do this on the web.
(15.02.2006, 20:31)

Euan:-
Stu, thanks for the prompt reply. I'm sorry to hear it wasn't something obvious I was missing. If you have concluded it's not easy, it's probably beyond me!
(16.02.2006, 08:59)

Dimitri:-
This example does not work in Safari (2.0.4 (419.3)). Somebody knows how to fix this? Very informative tutorial nonetheless!!
(19.08.2006, 22:27)

rasp:-
Hi Stu
Thanks for a great technique.
How would one create a 'DOWN state' using image rollovers? The example already has UP and OVER image states, but wondering if a DOWN state
can be implemented with CSS rollovers.
thanks
(03.11.2006, 11:24)

Rasp:-
Hi Stu
Thanks for great work.

Can a 'drop down menu' be implemented with this technique such as the "A refined and improved CSS only drop-down menu" or "A drop-down definition list" menus?

Thanks