Flicker free COMMENTS

Isus one:-
Maybe better with
<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">
;)
(15.01.2005, 02:55)

Isus one, this would not affect the menu but will of course have an effect on the individual pics. I don't normally use IE so haven't bothered with this in the past, but just to please I have added the tag. It is also possible to target individual images using galleryimg="no" or galleryimg="false" in the image tag.
(15.01.2005, 10:32)

Santiago:-
Stu, i tried to use your idea and create an horizontal navbar with pictures, but i'm having trouble... CSS is mostly the same. Could anyone take a look?
www.partirviajes.com.ar/v3/index.asp (at the bottom, before de footer)
Anyway, great site!
(04.03.2005, 21:55)

Santiago, try removing the top line of your html <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> this switches IE into quirks mode with the faulty box model problem. You also have a problem in FF with div positions (this may show up in IE once you have removed the top line.
(04.03.2005, 23:56)

Santiago:-
Well, you were right! Thanks a lot, really.
(07.03.2005, 16:50)

Eric:-
Hi Stu, Thanks for this great technique. I have tried combining the "flicker free" method with styling text in a span from your tutorial at webreference.com/programming/image_map but the span text doesn't show up until you click and then the hovers get messed up. Any clue what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! photostylings.com/singleimage.htm
(12.04.2005, 05:00)

Hi Eric, you need to style the spans differently. Visibility:hidden and visibility:visible will not work.
In my example I have used display:hidden and display:block.
(12.04.2005, 12:24)

Eric:-
Thank you for the try but that didn't work. I've actually got it working using 9 separate images at photostylings.com/home.htm but the animated gif's fall out of sequence (and the CSS is clunkier). The only real difference I can see between them is that the li's are styled on the multiple image version. Do you think that would make a difference?
(12.04.2005, 16:01)

otto:-
Just an FYI - this does not work in Safari 1.3. In each square the image is the bottom right image of the larger background you have. However, when you hover over the link, it works as it should be expected to.
(28.04.2005, 05:07)

otto, it may be that the link background image is not being moved far enough out of sight. Try changing values of -500px to see if it has any affect.
(28.04.2005, 08:15)