Flicker free COMMENTS

t1m:-
Stu, this is great, I see it's the same method you've used on your "blocks" nav. How do you make those cool transparent button images though? is it possible to select/highlight an area on photoshop and make it transparent?
(02.01.2005, 19:38)

Not sure about photoshop, but in Fireworks you can specify a colour to be transparent before you save the image.
(02.01.2005, 19:56)

t1m:-
Stu, Interesting, i'll have to install my Studio MX cd and try it out. Just curious what do you use for your web sites statistics?
(02.01.2005, 20:47)

The main site at blueyonder has a user stats facility which is powered by Webalizer Version 2.01. This shows Dec 'hits' as just under 1 million with unique visitors at 48,000. The other site (php) brings this over the 1 million.
(02.01.2005, 20:59)

Christian Boltz:-
This doesn't work in Konqueror 3.3.0 :-( which always shows the "9 active" image.
However, the hover effect works correct ;-)
(05.01.2005, 23:30)

Julian:-
In Opera 8beta for Linux it's great, but in firefox 8 it doesn't work and in Konqueror 3.1.4 it's the same as Christian Boltz wrote ;)
(06.01.2005, 13:58)

FF8 tries hard to work ;o) If you hover over the image until you get the tool tip then click the mouse the image shows up where the tool tip was.
Very odd.
(06.01.2005, 14:18)

Now works in FF8. This required a z-index to be added to place the link background above the div background.
(06.01.2005, 16:05)