Flyout with 4 sub-levels COMMENTS

Rod, try using display:none; and display:block; for the first flyout.
(29.11.2007, 18:47)

Roelof:-
Hello,

Where in de css do i have to change if i want a background-image named menu1.png on the first level. The level of Home
(02.09.2008, 13:04)

Gordon:-
I am using this with a site controlled by a CMS, so I can't control the length of menu text. I IE6, if the text is too long it wraps and expands the box, however Firefox (etc) doesn't and the text appears over the top of the next menu item down.

Is this fixable?
(18.11.2008, 12:01)

Miran:-
Nice one, but have one disadvantage, if you have more gifs on lets say first level, overlaping is bad coz it covers some of gifs, additional coloring or something is then required
(28.01.2009, 10:36)

Miran:-
I recomend adding:

.menu a, .menu a:visited {
overflow:hidden;
}

if text gets longer, that prevents ugly overlaping.
(28.01.2009, 11:24)

Miran:-
cancel that last one: it corrupts things on IE 6.
(29.01.2009, 19:06)

Ashe:-
There was a problem when resizing the page in IE7. The content would disappear. We fixed this by taking out the position relative everywhere but .menu li:hover and adding this change:
.menu li ul {
visibility:hidden;
position:relative;
top:-57px;
(09.04.2009, 16:16)

Betty:-
Stu -- you're the BEST. Wish I had found your site a few months ago. I have been unable to get any left nav bar with submenus to work in IE. You are the first person that explained the need for the compliant doc type. Plugged it in (mine was different) works beautifully.
I will be back for more of your genius work. Thanks again
(07.06.2009, 11:58)

Mark Elphinstone-Hoadley:-
This is brilliant work, I have been following all your neat tricks for the last few years.

This menu system I found works up to as many levels as you like with IE6! You just have to create the levels in the CSS file. Haven't tested that in 5.5 but to be honest that version's out the 'window' now finally.

Thanks, Stu!
(03.07.2009, 12:01)

willo:-
Where does one find transparent.gif, shade.gif, and sub.gif for this menu? It seems to run well even tho it can't find them. I'm running PHPwcms and there appears a whole directory missing!
(28.07.2010, 20:41)