Holy Grill COMMENTS

Alan Holm:-
Hi Stu

GR8! I'm very glad to hear that.

But then do you have a demo that is part of the "latest" ones that includes fixed navigation while content scrolls that you have i-checked?

You have so many great demos these days that it can take many hours to work through them all, one by one when trying to find something specific (perhaps something seen during previous visits that could be worth re-looking at for a new project - once it is eventually relocated) - despite your broad categories - perhaps thumbnails on mouseover could help recognition when searching without having to wait for each page to load?

Thanks for all your innovative ideas! I refer everyone I know in the Web world to your site.

Regards

Alan Holm
(10.01.2011, 12:07)

Unfortunately Safari Mobile browser does not support position:fixed; and treats this style as position:absolute;
So it is not possible using just css to have a 'fixed' navigation system.
(10.01.2011, 12:40)

Alan Holm:-
What a pity!

I've grown fond of this approach since the navigation is always instantly avilable - but it looks like I'm going to be forced to abandon it to accomodate the emerging (and I suspect soon to be dominant) Mobile world.

BTW - I experience a very similar effect with print styles together with this fixed navigation where only what is displayed on the screen prints, just as the iPhone only displays what fits on the screen, without scrolling.

Ah well, I suppose I have no option but to redevelop - possibly using your latest menu that the CSS Play widget has just shown me you've got working with Safari & the i-Phone et al.

Nice one, Stu!

Keep up the great work!
(12.01.2011, 15:20)

Aloisius:-
Stu - your works are GREAT!
Thanx for inspiration & knowledgebase!
Beautiful photos
I wish you the BEST!
Thanx
(23.02.2011, 23:31)

Mike:-
I am amazed at the wealth of information and details on your site. Quite an inspiration.
It is getting me cracking with motivation. Well done.
(20.03.2012, 11:26)

tony:-
Holy Grill is great.
Slight (apparent) problem is that rh side appears to be 'lost' off screen and not accessible.
Not really a problem as no info/text is lost but just does not look right IMHO.
(22.05.2012, 19:23)

Neil Thaler:-
Absolutely loved the Friar Tuck Inn design.

I saved it at a web page complete to examine how you had done it but when I open it up in IE8 (old one at work) the frame looks incomplete. the frames doesn't fully go across the top or down the side. Why would this be?

Thanks for the help :)
(26.09.2013, 09:35)

This demo was produced 8 years ago when IE6 was the main browser. But it still works in IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10.
So your problem will be due to an error in copying the code.
(26.09.2013, 11:06)

David.P:-
I have been searching the entire Web for a Week but there is not ONE single CSS site that has the legendary Holy Grill layout (simulated frames layout).

Pls. help me find some examples!

Thanks very much for all the great work.

David
david-peters[att]arcor[dott]de
(05.11.2014, 07:45)

This demo is now 10 years old so I would imagine that most websites have moved on to use the latest css3/html5 specifications.
(05.11.2014, 11:50)