IE min width COMMENTS

Ramana Kumar:-
Is there any workaround for IE7 ????????
plz help me! Iam cracking my head for the past 3 hrs :-(
(14.08.2008, 11:53)

Ralf Koch:-
Woah - you really made my day. Great stuff!
(03.04.2009, 00:48)

christian:-
if you get the max-width done like this you are the weltmeister
(06.05.2009, 09:58)

Trevor Saint:-
Hi Stu, having looked at your page happy to find the fix, I found that the page does not validate due to many reasons. Is it possible to get this working in a valid xhtml page.

As it is invalid it works in quirks mode, which is not ideal. Any clues?
(11.05.2009, 16:27)

There are several fixes for IE min width on the main page and some use standards compliant mode.
(11.05.2009, 16:40)

Martin:-
It works great.. but what if I want to center the text inside the second div?

as this div has no width (it adjusts to the text width) text-align: center; won't do anything. I can't use margin: auto; for the same reason.

any ideas?
(26.06.2009, 16:51)

Heimfrost:-
Thank you for your very good work.
I used it with success ;).
The only problem I had was the fact, that all my margins of my inner divs didn't work or willingly.
After a few cups of coffee, I found out, that I had to change out all margins with paddings and voila it worked.
Many good wishes and greetings from old Germany.
(29.01.2010, 10:56)

Heimfrost:-
Sorry, I forgot to say it also works with transparent min-height, I've tested in IE6.
U only have to change "margin-left" and "padding-left" with "margin-top" and "padding-top".
Only an advice, you have found out yourself, surely.
(29.01.2010, 13:35)

the_mahabarata:-
Doesn't word with a table :
<style type="text/css">
.sides { width: 200px; height: 30px; margin: 10px; border:1px solid #000; }
</style>
<table><tr><td><div class="sides"></td><td width="100%"><div class="container"><div class="holder"><div class="content"></td><td><div class="sidetop"></td></tr></table>

1st and 2d "td" are OK, but the 3d moves on the 2d !!
(18.03.2010, 13:51)

Anonym:-
Your curved corners are amazing!
(18.04.2011, 18:06)