IE min width COMMENTS

gpc, I do mention that versions 4 and 5 will work on Mac IE as well as on PC.
(17.07.2007, 08:07)

Marcelo:-
great, but it doesnt work when if you need the min-width to be more than 960px
(11.08.2007, 05:51)

Marcelo, version 5 does.
(11.08.2007, 06:43)

isaac:-
Thank you! The information you posted has been very helpful. I adapted it to suit the particular needs of the site I'm working on. In case this is helpful to anyone else:

I have a site that needs a min-width set for the body element. Of course ie7 and firefox can do this just fine using the min-width property. For ie6, here's what i did (thanks to the info posted on this site)...

The html for the page is:
<html>
<body>
<div id="header">
content
</div>
<div id="content">
content
</div>
</body>
</html>

css for ie6 (in a separate "fix_ie6.css" style sheet, added with a conditional comment):

body {
border-right:790px solid #fff;
}

div#header {
margin-right: -790px;
}

div#content {
float:left;
position:relative;
margin-right:-790px;
}

And that seems to do it... mimics css of
body {min-width: 790px;}
at least in this particular situation. Your mileage may vary, depending on the particular html of your page.
(17.12.2007, 23:27)

Nikola Nikolov:-
This is great. I'm using similar method for my warper (min-with:1024px). There are some other floating divs and content. In IE7 and Mozilla everything is fine even when I make a smaller window the scrolls appear and nothing is mispositioned. The biggest problem was IE6. Once again the scrolls appear but the images and the flash content it not at the position. So here i found the answer. Thanks!!! I didn't use {width:100%;min-width:1024;} but {width:1024;min-width:100%;} and it works!!!
(11.03.2008, 16:18)

Maik:-

is the problem well-known, that IE6 moves the modell to the left outside the viewport, if the "min-width" behave more than 960 pixels?

Do you know, how that kind of mysterious bug can be fixed?

Best regards and thank You for Your answer.

Maik
(04.04.2008, 18:20)

Maik:-
Sorry Stu,

I didn't collapse and read yesterday all the comments about Your "min-width"-Workaround. *shamed*

Bruno Fassinos model www.brunildo.org/test/min-widthS.html has fixed the Bug ;)

Best regards
Maik
(05.04.2008, 20:26)

Jonathan:-
Great stuff, Stu ;)
(01.05.2008, 05:45)

abzockaa:-
Stu, You rock the CSS-HOUSE XD
(11.05.2008, 04:41)

Ramana Kumar:-
it is working great!, but what if we use content background other than #fff ? Iam using a background-image and repeating it in x-direction.
so now on top it white color border is comming,

can u plz suggest the solution!
thanks a lot