Magnify COMMENTS

read the FAQs.
(09.07.2008, 21:19)

?:-
on my site, it just shows 2 of the same picture next to eachother
(09.07.2008, 21:45)

carley:-
hi stu. I have a site set up through a third party that lets me enter info for each page from a back end. Therefore I dont think i can control the head and body sections because the back end is set up so that i can only enter html snippets (like a img src+link for pictures and regular type). I havent gotten this to work for me yet using your source codes and im wondering if this is the problem or am i just somehow not doing the code correctly. please help its been three days and im going to loose it soon. Ive tried a million other sites and codes and nothing works (and yours is the nicest). Thank you.
(19.08.2008, 18:18)

carley, please email me with the page url and I will see if I can help
(19.08.2008, 18:52)

Roger V:-
Hi Stu, first of all many thanks to you for sharing your expertise over the WEB.
I am just a beginner with setting up a WEB application but your demos make it "quite" easy. I used your "'Fixed' layout version 3" (WWW.cssplay.co.UK/layouts/body4.HTML) as a base and I am working on integrating this "magnify" facility to automatically enlarge thumbnail images spread within the variable part of the page, I.e. The so-called "content" container.
My problem is that I would like to have enlarged image always centered within the displayed area thus avoiding the need to scroll up or down depending upon the position of the thumbnail.
I have almost succeeded by using these parameters :
"left:50%; top:50%; width:640px; height:399px; margin-top:-200px; margin-left:-320px;"
But the problem is that the vertical alignment appears to be done based upon the total length of the page rather than the vertical size of the displayed window on the screen. Result is that if a thumbnail is at the beginning of a long page, then enlarged image is not even visible to the visitor when the mouse is over it.
Assuming this is doable, could you please give me the trick to achieve it ?
Thanks
(23.08.2008, 16:02)

Cass:-
Hello, Stu. Thank you for the code. I would like to alter it it two ways. Firstly, as asked once in the comments, I need the enlargement size to relative to the thumbnail in the way that they would have the same ratio instead of being a fixed size because my page has landscape and portrait pictures. I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to do so. Secondly, how do I change the code so that the enlarged image is not preloaded? Thanks again.
(07.09.2008, 20:41)

To cater for any size image just make the full size image height:auto; width:auto; It is not possible with CSS to have the image load when required. CSS will load images even with dislay:none;
(07.09.2008, 20:45)

Cass:-
Excellent. Thank you.
(07.09.2008, 23:56)

Andy:-
Hi Stu.. REF: Image Magnifyer. I'm very new at web building & really love the demo.. cannot see anything on your web saying how i do it on my own site? Can you gve me some guidance please.
(26.01.2009, 02:09)