Menu Tutorial COMMENTS

Gabinux:-
Best CSS Menu Tutorial on the WEB. I learned more from your tutorial than from any CSS manual ever made... Thank you!
(23.09.2004, 13:33)

crappy:-
i agree with the latter, ur the daddy. u should talk about ur self so we can no the dude behind it all what u do for living etc. thank you for insperation :)
(03.02.2005, 20:43)

crappy, I have just started a blog with a little bit about me here - http://www.s7u.co.uk/blog/ for anyone who is interested ;o)
(03.02.2005, 21:16)

David:-
Gabinux is spot on. I think this is the best CSS tutorial around. I just started playing with this horizontal menu style and wondered if there is a way to center the row of buttons. I've tried all kinds of centering options in a surrounding <div> but have had no luck. Any ideas?
(22.02.2005, 16:44)

David, I have put up a centered menu here www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/menus/centered.html to show how the containing div should be styled.
(22.02.2005, 19:17)

David:-
Excellent!! You are the master!!
(22.02.2005, 22:44)

Steve:-
Fantastic! I needed someone to tell me to drop lists for navigation. (It would be nice if your css forced your pages to be 100% for printing (I lose the right hand edge in IE6)
(11.03.2005, 17:03)

Steve, sorry about that. If you try now you will find that the printed page is formatted specially for a printer. Hope this is ok now ;o)
(11.03.2005, 17:33)

JOD:-
Thank you! I always enjoy visiting the CSS Playground. Lots to learn. But am I mistaken:
I quote, "If you need to show one of the menu items as being active then just add a span class using the same css as the a.nav and a.nav:active and use this for your active 'link'."

This doesn't quite work if styling a menu for text-only browsers using the inline spans (for vertical menus, or hoizontal menus separated by the square brackets - #nav span {display:none;}).

Instead, I put each of these spans in a class (.bracket {display: none;}) :

<div id="menu">
<span class="bracket">[</span><span id="chosen">link 1</span><span class="bracket">] </span>
<span class="bracket">[</span><a class="nav" href="#" title="link2">link 2</a><span class="bracket">] </span>
</div>

Make sense?

Thanks again.
(05.05.2005, 02:56)

CSS Script Kiddie:-
I can't thank you enough. I spent a week trying to write my own menus then another week fighting with list-based CSS menus provided on other sites. Couldn't get a single damned one of them to work. Finally found yours and had menus customized to my needs completely finished inside of five minutes, thanks to the easily understandable CSS code.
(29.05.2005, 23:49)