Menu Tutorial COMMENTS

Mike Stenhouse:-
People use lists for their menus because the W3c recommend it - a menu is a list of links so it should be marked up as such. It's an accessibility feature that provides structure to your navigation... If you turn off style sheets a list of unstructured links become one line. You've used > characters to separate your items, minimising the impact, but not everyone does. It's not a consideration for everyone but if you're aiming for RNIB or WAI compliance it's something you need to think about.
(24.04.2004, 18:15)

If you are concerned with accessibility then an unstructured line of links can always be 'structured' by using [] around the link. These can be contained in a span with display:none; so that the button is not affected but the links will show as [link 1] [link 2] [link 3] etc when viewed in text only browsers.
There are many ways to provide accessibility without the need to resort to lists.
(26.04.2004, 17:17)

Perhaps we should await the introduction of <nl> navigation lists which are intended for use with links.
(26.04.2004, 17:28)

Andreas:-
Links to Page 1 to 5 at the Bottom are broken!
(04.06.2004, 04:22)

Ah... that's probably my fault in not explaining properly. The Page 1 to 5 links do not actually lead anywhere, they are just to show what the list would look like when viewed without css. Sorry for the confusion.
(04.06.2004, 09:32)

Muzzer:-
THANK YOU!!! Fantastic tutorial. I have been looking for four hours for this tutorial! Thanks for the basic approach - I'm new to css and those other tuts have me totally baffled. Well done :)
(27.08.2004, 04:05)