Menu-14 COMMENTS

Hi tahnya, This is probably because you have not specified a standards compliant !DOCTYPE. Failing to do so will put IE6 into quirks mode which will require box model hacks.
(05.06.2004, 12:24)

Box model hacks added.
(20.06.2004, 14:52)

Tony:-
Dear Stu

These are great. I like the pure CSS dropd-down menu! Wow. Is there any way of making that work hoizontally too? When I think of the load-time of my DHTML horizontal menu, a css-only solution would be wonderfully quick!

Best wishes

Tony
(22.11.2004, 14:52)

Bill:-
In IE on a Mac--both OS 9 and X--menu 14 appears staggered. Each item starts about 5 px to the right of the previous, and the top of each box slightly overlaps the bottom of the previous one. Any ideas why?
(26.05.2005, 16:48)

Bill, I have tried many ways to get IE on Mac to show this correctly but have given up. It is just a Mac/IE thing and probably to do with the span.
(26.05.2005, 19:22)

Bill, they are in line now, but does the hover work?
(26.05.2005, 19:27)

Bill:-
They are inline, and the hover doesn't work. I *did* get it to work with an atrocious hack that I haven't tested in Windows yet. http://www.news.cornell.edu/menu1.html. Seems to be something about having a <span> inside a <div>. Also, the top item in the menu behaves differently from the rest, so I had to put a fake item above that. But our designer loved your design, so thanks for the idea.
(28.05.2005, 23:06)

Bill, works in IE6, doesn't work in IE5.01, problems in IE5.5, FF and Opera. Ah well, you can't win them all.
(28.05.2005, 23:15)

(26.05.2005, 19:22)

Bill, they are in line now, but does the hover work?
(26.05.2005, 19:27)