New fixed layout COMMENTS

Doc:-
Hey Stu -

Great site. I didn't see any feedback for the iPhone but wanted to let you know that the scroll bar does not appear in the iPhone's browser.

Thanks,

D
(15.02.2008, 21:50)

Tom Cassidy:-
Just tested this page in Safari 3.0.4 and it works perfectly!

Tom
(06.03.2008, 13:04)

Mario Di Vece:-
Thank you so much for this demonstration. I'm using a cut-down, modded version of your css to produce a file explorer-like application. Of all the attempts to frame emulation, this one is superior and simpler by far.
(06.05.2008, 06:34)

Anonym:-
Nice layout, but you can't reload the page in IE7 when zoomed out.
Any suggestions?
(28.07.2008, 14:19)

Michael (big.nerd):-
Stu,

Thanks for the amazing layout!

I've tested this on MAC w/ FF.2 and FF.3, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.

Your stuff has allowed me to learn so much about CSS. Keep it up!
(19.09.2008, 21:25)

Coral:-
Stu, this site is an extraordinary resource, thank you for allowing all of us to learn so much from you. My question is regarding the fixed navigation on the header. I'm quite a novice at this so the answer may be quite obvious to most others here, but once you click one of the links on the navigation, how do you access and load new content into the scrollbars without reloading the header/footer? I poured over your files but could not see a simple answer. If someone could break that down for me, I'd be forever grateful. :)
(29.10.2008, 06:36)

Silver Knight:-
Firstly, let me echo the sentiments of so many other commenters here and thank you for your fantastically helpful and useful website. It it one of the sites I always end up at when learning new things about CSS.

One small detail about the layout... On the original post Stu said: "Oh...and the mousewheel still doesn't work in FF. It's about time they fixed this bug!"

As far back as I can remember the mouse wheel has always worked in Firefox except for one little detail in layouts like this one. You have to click once inside the area to be scrolled (to make it the active area) before using the wheel. After that one click, the mouse wheel works as normal (until an area outside the scrollable area is selected with another click). Just thought I'd mention this in case it's helpful to anyone. Beyond that little detail though, I do agree that it's indeed a bug and should be fixed properly. Still, it's better than the 900 million bugs in IE that will NEVER be fixed... ;)
(17.02.2009, 18:36)

Jessica Sulliva:-
I browsed the frames demo in FF 3 and IE 7, and it works great. Also, all the steps, even without IE workarounds, render in IE 7.
(04.01.2010, 16:14)

Chris Thwaites:-
Hi There,

Thanks for posting the layout stuff. It is by far and away the best static header/footer, scrolling body CSS code I've seen.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in an android phone browser (my Nexus 1, to be precise). Any idea why this should be, or any hints as to where I should start looking to get it working?

Thanks,
Chris
(25.01.2012, 14:00)

No mobile browser supports position:fixed; at the moment so no layout using this style will work.
(25.01.2012, 14:25)