New fixed layout COMMENTS

Ian:-
On the "The Playground News" page, I noticed that column three was not quite aligned right. I plaved "float:left;" into the .columnthree class and it worked fine. Beltin Site Stu. PS. I bought your books on the ZXSpecrum all those years ago. It's nice to see you still active in the field. Many thanks.
(29.01.2007, 09:06)

Jeffrey Bollman:-
Good day.

This is great layout for a newsletter.

My difficulty in both FF2 & IE7 is printing the entire body of the page. It appears that both FF2 & IE7 want to truncate the printing at one & only one page.

This means I am unable to print the oriental person and their boat. Even when I scroll down first & then click print preview &/or print, I only receive the top portion of the body, along with the header and the footer.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Jeffrey
(29.01.2007, 17:59)

Jeffrey, as in your other post, this one will need a separate 'print' stylesheet.
(29.01.2007, 19:26)

Ricardo Mazzi:-
Hi Stu:

I was wondering if you could use uour drop menus on the the fixed Header and Footer layout. I'm working on a layout (with quirks mode of course) but I can't get to work in IE 7.

Thanks!
(06.03.2007, 15:02)

God Of The TalkingMonkeys:-
I just installed the lastest Netscape (version is 8.1.2) and none of the fixed layouts in your layout section will scroll properly. The scrollbar appears and if you drag it manually it will move but it will not scroll from the mouse wheel.

I doubt there's anything to do for it as the layouts all work properly in the other browsers , but there is a bug for the latest version of Netscape it would appear.
(24.03.2007, 01:00)

Tony Thomas:-
For several years (through gritted teeth) I have been studiously ignoring the greyed out scrollbar in IE6. I chanced on your site and your fix when googling for an y new thoughts. Thanks Stu, it does make the IE rendering of my sites more consistent with what Opera and Firefox show.

Now I must sit down and think through exactly why it works!
(01.05.2007, 13:44)

Bruno:-
Hi Stu!

This is a great solution. However, I can't see to make it work when using dropdown menus. I can't put the "menu" div inside the "header" div, 'cause when it drops down, it stays behind the "container" div. If a put the "menu" below the "header", it is a complete mess. Can you help me?

Thanks!
(22.05.2007, 21:34)

Bruno, give the header a high z-index.
(22.05.2007, 22:40)

Bruno:-
Hey,

I tried your suggestion. It kind of work in Firefox (the menu options are out of position), but apparently IE has a bug in Z-index. I'm still trying to make it work.
(23.05.2007, 13:37)

Bruno:-
Here's a page describing this bug:

therealcrisp.xs4all.nl/ie7beta/css_zindex.html