New fixed layout COMMENTS

Kurt:-
Stu, Thank you for all of your CSS work. I have used a modified version of your fixed layout for my site -- www.oscpa.com. It looks fine in Firefox and IE 6; however, IE7 RC1 is showing an extra scrollbar the full length of the page. I can't seem to find the bug. Is there any way you can help.
(08.09.2006, 21:31)

Nicki:-
IE strikes again. Mac IE 5.2 puts the footer up high, against the bottom of the header. There is no scroll capability on that browser either. It does work nicely in Mac Firefox 1.5.0.5. Any thoughts on a work around?
(15.09.2006, 08:51)

Nicki, I am afraid that Mac IE5.2 is not up to this one and cannot be made to conform.
(15.09.2006, 16:51)

Ugo:-
Kurt,

Try putting overflow: auto style on the body tag.
(26.09.2006, 02:21)

Kurt:-
Ugo,

Thank you for the suggestion; however, overflow:auto in the body tag still leaves the scroll bar has no effect on the problem.
(27.09.2006, 22:04)

Kurt, my version works ok in IE7 RC1.
The body tag needs overflow:hidden;
IE7 RC1 looks as though it is putting a horizontal scroll bar and with it a vertical greyed out scroll bar which maybe an overflow of the <html> tag.
You could try styling the html with:
html {
height:100%;
max-height:100%;
padding:0;
margin:0;
border:0;
/* hide overflow:hidden from IE5/Mac */
/* */
overflow: hidden;
/* */ }
(27.09.2006, 23:12)

Kurt:-
Stu, Thank you!!!
Styling the html tag solved the problem of the extra vertical scroll bar.
I'm still having problems with it placing a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, but the vertical bar was the main problem.
Thanks again!
(28.09.2006, 14:45)

Björn:-
A truly stunning resource, delivering big time where major software suppliers fail to even acknowledge there is an urgent need for solving these issues.

Thank you Stu!
(31.10.2006, 11:42)

supersaurus:-
mousewheel: it works correctly in firefox 1.5.0.8 on fc6, but still doesn't in firefox 1.0.8.
(20.11.2006, 10:28)

John:-

I am finding that column three is wrapping into column two on IE6 when there is not as much text to the left.

One example is visible on the text "A full tutorial on this layout can be found at www.webreference.com - article".

Is there a way round this?

Cheers, John.