Not so simple gallery COMMENTS

Julie:-
I can't seem to figure out where to get the code on this demo. Can someone help out?
(21.08.2008, 21:55)

Julie, if you check the FAQs it will tell you where to look in the source code to find the CSS and html
(21.08.2008, 22:06)

I do offer a service to help implement this and other demos into your web pages. Just contact me stu{at}cssplay.co.uk with your problems and I can give you an estimate.
(21.08.2008, 22:08)

Ghis:-
Stu,
This is really great, one of the most versatile photograph gallery I have found on the web with nice features such as automatic horizontal centering, descriptive text and minimum maintenance effort.
On top of that, very nice looking.
Thanks for it.

In my view, it is just missing the addition of a vertical scolling bar for the thumbs, thus enabling any number of pictures, to become THE top gallery, the one most of the people are looking for.
Any chance to have it one day ?
(28.08.2008, 07:43)

Phil Raymond:-
This is a great photo gallery. Thought I'd post a fix I finally came up with for a problem I was having. I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but I couldn't figure it out, and I searched the web for hours. So actually, if anyone does now a better way to actually fix the following IE7 issue, I'd love to know.

Anyway, perhaps nobody else is trying to do this, but I wanted this gallery to float right of my text. As soon as I get a float: right and a margin-left in there, an error occurs in IE7 - as soon as I hover over a thumbnail, my left-margin between the gallery and my text disappears (ie. the gallery shifts left and buts up against my text).

What I finally did in the very first line of css (#gallery) was remove the margin I had made and make my border-left the same color as the background of the webpage (not the background of the gallery) and the width of the margin that I had wanted. So I added "border-left: 30px solid #ffffff;" to the code.

Hope this made enough sense to help someone. Even better, maybe someone will have a better solution.
(01.10.2008, 20:00)

Frances Cherman:-
Ghis, there's a very simple way to make your thumbnail list scrollable. Add the following declaration to your CSS rule for the #gallery ul element, substituting your desired height for my 600px value:

#gallery ul {height:600px; overflow:auto;}

This will limit the height of the list to the size you want, and if the list runs longer, a scrollabar will be added automatically. If your thumbnail list is set up horizontally, adding a width instead of a height should do the trick. This works in Firefox 3.0.5. I have not tested it in any other browser.
(02.01.2009, 08:31)

Jeff:-
Been using this gallery for a year or so and I have made some code changes so that I can fit 49 thumbnails (7x7) to the right and then maim picture is 480x360 when I hover. I am was seeing if my website is IE 8 compatible and all is fine except this gallery. Pictures load slower when I hover on MY galleries but load fine here on this site. Have there been any recent updates to this gallery code for IE 8 that someone could pin point for me or have any suggestions. Only having the picture load lag with IE 8. I'm not very educated on CSS. Thanks.
(04.04.2009, 20:57)

From what I have seen of IE8 there is still a long way to go before it should be released as a working browser.
It is full of rendering bugs and this is one of them.
There are also problems with any dropdown menu, not just mine.

I am hoping that when it is finally released then all these will have been sorted, but somehow I don't think they will.
So it will be a case of working out IE8 hacks.

For the moment I use a mata tag to switch IE8 into IE7 emulation:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

This tag should immediately follow the <head> tag.
(04.04.2009, 21:58)

Joyce:-
I've added the code for the "Not so simple gallery" to my web page, and all is working, except the default photo and text remains, and I can see portions of it appear along with the other larger images when I hover over the thumbnails. Do I need to make the default photo smaller, so it is hidden underneath the other photos? Or is there some way the default photo can disappear when other photos are displayed? Thank you.
(09.04.2009, 00:12)

Joyce:-
Stu, I figured it out. I just had to make sure the default photo was not as long as the other larger images. If there's another solution, I would still like to know about it. I also sent you an email, so you can ignore that. Thanks!
(09.04.2009, 06:16)