Photo scroll gallery COMMENTS

Robin:-
Feel kinda dumb. First post didn't include 'Stu's first name', so didn't post. OK, once again: Altering scroll slide show to eliminate 2x mini-pix, 2x display area, 'click on image' b'ground image. I've increased size of scroll area and am using a:hover to display image rather than a:active. Seeking variable sizing of images displayed via src instead of fixed image sizing via a:hover img. I hope this is somewhat clear. 1st published post includes site with coding. I've added a little more support for your long-standing imagination, creativity, and innovation. Thanx.
(08.04.2007, 19:42)

Bryan C.:-
Stu,

I'm attempting to use multiple photo scrollers on a single page. I was previously trying a modification of the entire layout, but with it failing in IE6, I've gone back to the default CSS and source. The only thing I've changed the #scroller to a class (.scroller) and changed the #thumbs to a class as well (.thumbs) for validation purposes.

The technique works flawlessly in Firefox, but fails in IE6. Your demo works properly in IE6 as I've noticed, though. Unless I remove the overflow:auto declaration, and thus limiting the number of images I can display, all of the slightly larger thumbnails and full size images appear within the thumbnail box.

Any idea why this might be happening?
(25.04.2007, 15:22)

Bryan C.:-
Stu,

I think I've found the problem. The site I'm developing the page for is using the HTML 4.0 Transitional DOCTYPE. When I change the DOCTYPE to XHTML 1.0 Strict (as your page is), multiple photo scrollers on a page work.
(25.04.2007, 16:29)

Bryan C.:-
So it seems like the site I'm working on (previously developed by others) has been rendering in quirks mode in FF and IE b/c of no URI specification. Now when I put in a valid DOCTYPE and URI, IE6 renders the gallery properly, but FF1.5 doesn't. I'm about to pull what little hair I have left out.. :(

If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
(25.04.2007, 19:09)

Ellen:-
Stu, another wonderful entry. Thank you.

I am trying to modify to have the thumbnails differ from the hover and fullsize image. Still working on it.

You should know that the fullsize images do not hold in Safari, but require that the mouse button be held to be visible.
(04.05.2007, 03:36)

dudley:-
regarding 'Photo scroll gallery'. Man you're a space cadet. The code is simplistic and portable, the approach complex. def'nately a gem.
(24.05.2007, 16:01)

Gracias:-
I was playing with modifications based off this idea of yours, but had trouble making the thumbnails resize in IE (although it works fine with your exact code).

My question is, why have you defined "#scroller b#thumbs a:focus img.vt" (and img.hr) twice in the CSS file? On lines 32-35.

At this time, with respect to thumbnail resizing, that's the only discernible difference I have between my version and your original code, but I don't understand the reason behind your defining it/them twice.
(05.06.2007, 13:39)

Gracias, this was an oversight and has now been corrected.
(05.06.2007, 17:30)

Antonio:-
This used to work in FF, but one day, it today it just stopped working...it doesn't resize the thumbnails when you hover and click...
It would be appreciated if this could be confirmed, and hopefully fixed... :)

Antonio
(18.06.2007, 23:38)

Antonio:-
I apologize for my last comment...it was actually a FF add-on that caused it to not work.
Thank you for such a wonderful thing...

Thanks,