Photo strip gallery COMMENTS

Corl, there is no need to declare the image sizes but you can if you wish. The same goes for alt and title text.
(02.04.2007, 17:18)

Merri, I think that the random multiple row error has now been resolved.
(05.04.2007, 12:58)

Merri:-
Stu: yeah, atleast it didn't do it this time that I visited.

What caused it? (if the explanation is easy enough to understand)
(05.04.2007, 23:57)

Merri, I think that the cause was using table-cell for the list item styling without a containing table-row. I just added table-row to the <ul> style and it appears to cure the problem. It was only happening with Firefox.
(06.04.2007, 19:44)

Phil:-
Hi Stu
I really like the simplicity of this gallery and I've got it working fine in Firefox but (as usual) IE7 is playing up.

It seems that for portrait pictures IE is still leaving enough width as for landscape, which is creating huge blank gaps and means that the captions are switching from top to bottom.

As I have cut and pasted your code and just dropped in my own image links, I can't fathom what I'm doing wrong - it must be something I've done or not done because your gallery works fine with a mix of portrait and landscape images. Any ideas? I've switched the doctype to match yours and still no joy.

Hope you can help

Phil
(30.08.2007, 12:11)

Phil:-
Hi Stu
Sorry - I've solved this problem myself. It was a clash between the img tags in the gallery stylesheet and another img style in another div section.

Now that I've corrected this, it's working fine in IE and Firefox.

Sorry for messing you about - and thanks for the inspirational site.

Phil
(30.08.2007, 14:10)

Phil:-
Well, I might have answered my last question, but I have a more general question about scrollbars and CSS.

Is it possible to locate the horizontal scrollbar at the top of the box rather than the bottom?

A google search revealed thousands of pages telling me how to change the scrollbar colours, but nothing about location, which leads me to believe that it can only be on the bottom and / or the right side.
(30.08.2007, 15:18)

Ian E:-
Hi Stu. Great site

I'm trying to use the Photo Strip gallery on my new site but have found that does not work properly with Opera 9.27 build 8841 on Win XP.

If there only a couple of photos that will fit the width of the page without a scroll bar then the pics are displayed fine (without a scrollbar) but if there are more photos then it displays them as miniature pics with the text running down the page. It even does it with your demo page.

Any ideas?
(25.04.2008, 00:25)

Odd, Opera 9.25 and Opera 9.5 beta both work perfectly.
(25.04.2008, 08:09)

Ian E:-
Hi Stu

I've found the cause of the problem with Opera. "Fit to Width" was turned on. I must have done it while fiddling with things. Anyway all now working great. It even cured a couple of other vertical spacing problems I was having.

Keep up the great work