Pro Horizontal COMMENTS

Raptrex:-
these look slick
(24.08.2007, 00:57)

John:-
Download link for pro_two.zip is incorrect (downloads pro_one.zip).
(24.08.2007, 11:03)

Thanks John, I will correct this tonight (and add another menu).
(24.08.2007, 11:35)

Dave:-
They look really nice and behave well too. They break on resizing of the text though, which is a pity...
(24.08.2007, 14:14)

John:-
One other thing Stu...
How can I get the link items to center on the bar...i.e. if I had only 1 link, it would be in the middle.
I've tried, but I keep buggering it up.
(24.08.2007, 14:25)

Dave, this is one of the drawbacks with using images. I will be producing some in this series that will expand with text size.
(24.08.2007, 15:52)

John, I have several demonstrations how to center 'float:left; menus, such as www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/centered_float_left.html
(24.08.2007, 15:54)

John:-
You are a Gent sir...Thank You.
(24.08.2007, 16:09)

Dave, doesn't break quite so much now :)
(24.08.2007, 19:52)

John:-
Hi Stu...will this method work in frames?

I've tried and the "navigation" page fills the screen and doesn't display the other framed pages.
(30.08.2007, 15:44)

John, it should work within a frame as long as the stylesheet is correctly linked.
(03.09.2007, 10:04)

John:-
Thanks Stu, got it working with frames "just dandy".
Is there a way to make the button "stay clicked" or "active"?
(05.09.2007, 10:30)

John, only by reloading the frame and use php to write the 'selected' class to the active link.
(20.09.2007, 15:21)

Ken:-
Excellent menus. I'm using Pro menu #9 on my site but I'm having a slight problem. When I mouse over a selection, it blanks out briefly and it looks like it's trying to access a file from my site. You can see it in action at www.pittsburghhomesrus.com. It does this in IE7 but not Firefox. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.
(28.10.2007, 01:28)

Nick:-
Hi,
Great work Stu! Really love it!
I have the same problem as Ken. But here with pro six.
With mouse over it blanks out for a second, only in IE7. You can see it in action here : www.CoolPanama.com
As you can see I changed the style a little bit ;) looks really nice!
(30.10.2007, 00:06)

Ken and Nick, I have added a 'preload' to the stylesheet and html that will overcome this problem. Check the html and stylesheet on this page. I will alter the downloads when I have time.
(30.10.2007, 07:23)

Nick:-
Hello Stu,
I worked out how to do it, and it works great!
Thx a million!
(30.10.2007, 23:56)

Ken:-
Stu:
Thanks for your response. I had already added the preload lines in the stylesheet section but I'm not sure what else you're referring to. Perhaps you or Nick could clue me in. Thanks.
(09.11.2007, 04:56)

James:-

The Pro 1 menu. What php call do you use to make the button/link active or current once clicked?
(04.12.2007, 20:55)

Ben Druce:-
Hi Stu

Great menus! Very elegant and well defined with simple code. It is exactly what I was looking for. I haven't used a menu list that resizes the background image of the <a> tag to the length of the word before.

What I'm trying to figure out is how exactly this is achieved. I'm guessing it has something to do with the <b> selector in the css but I'm not sure. Could you possibly explain or point me to a resource that explains how this works?

Cheers.
(27.12.2007, 14:07)

Ben:-
Hi Stu

Cheers.
(28.12.2007, 08:06)

Sonofjoe:-
Hi Stu, I have downloaded the Professional Horizontal series (pro16) to see if it will fit with the design I'm creating, however when I checked it in IE7 the menu is back to front? ie. instead of reading "Home" "Privacy Policy" etc. it reads "Search" "Contact Us" etc. It works OK in Opera and Safari!

Its really bugging me that its back to front. Is their a bug with IE7 and is their a fix?

Regards
(12.09.2008, 11:34)

I have checked the download and it is ok in IE7. You must have introduced thiswhen placing it into your page.
(12.09.2008, 12:30)

Derek:-
I am using Pro One, when I hover over the buttons, the right side is a little cut off. Is it cause i have too many buttons? It's ok when active.
justs10.com (still in development)
(22.12.2008, 22:06)

Patrick Barker:-
Hi stu sorry i can't seem to find the source code and style sheet for the professional horizontal series. Any help would be appeciated, thanks
(14.09.2009, 00:54)

Bob:-
Stu;
Trying to get the Horizontal Pro #16 to have the menu centered on the background. Or I'm trying to use the background but have the menu centered on the page and not to the left.
(16.02.2011, 04:53)

gabriel:-
como colocar mais um botão , só pode 6 o maximo é?
(31.07.2012, 12:47)

Don:-
I really like these navigations. I am stuck on a very simplistic problem. When creating your .gif. What did you do to create that shade? I used a gradient in Ai; however, it did not come out as yours did. Your I see each tone clearly in button1.gif when viewing in illustrator in horizontal lines. When I use the gradient it comes out differently. I appreciate any assistance as I know it is under my nose, but I am just forgetting. Thank you.
donhorn@me.com
(17.01.2013, 20:31)

Brian:-

Regarding the first comment...

Am I the lucky one tonight??

Thank you in advance!
Brian
(11.02.2014, 23:06)

Brian:-
I was referring to James' post about make the active link 'clicked' like 'current'.
(11.02.2014, 23:10)