Pro drop-down 4 COMMENTS

VJ:-
Hi,

I am a student and was trying your Professional drop-down #4 in the raw html.

To my surprise, the drop down was not working - even if I was using your code as is.

My understanding is probably the definition of class ="fly" was missing. Is that true?

Could you please help me?

Thanks
VJ
(13.12.2007, 12:27)

gilles:-
Hi VJ, hi stu
The menu work fine with Opera 9.24 but don't work with IE7 nor Mozilla (no sub menu).
If I disable conditional comments concerning lte IE 6 (ie activate <table></table>) the sub menu appear but don't be selectable.
(17.12.2007, 21:07)

Gilles:-
I've just found the problem.
The DOCTYPE line is mandatory !!!
VJ: the class fly is not used in this page (I have scan all the sources). It must be an artefact coming from another demonstration.
(17.12.2007, 21:27)

Henrik:-
Is it possible to center this menu?

Best Regards

Henrik
(11.03.2008, 11:46)

Iain:-
Have tried to e-mail you requesting permission to use this menu but get bouncebacks. Has your e-mail address changed?
(23.04.2008, 02:48)

stu:-
Hi Iain, my email address is still stu{at}cssplay.co.uk (just replace the {at} with @ of course :)
(23.04.2008, 08:35)

Spirit:-
Great work wih this site!!!
Quick question about this menu setup - in IE6 the images reload EVERY time you rollover a link. Even if you are in the sub menu of that tab the tab images disappear when you are between 2 of the links and only reload and reappear once you've rolled over another link (though sometimes they don't reappear at all).
Is there a fix for this?
Also, do you have the same menu without conditional comments? I've looked but don't see anything.

Thanks so much! :)
(16.06.2008, 22:20)

Stan Brown:-
Stu,

I got your permission a while ago to use these but I haven't been able to adapt them successfully. I did find a couple of problems in the example that I'd like to share with you. Two I was able to fix and one I wasn't -- hopefully you can point out what's wrong.

1. There's styling for a:hover but none for plain a. So the color and background for sub-links that are not being hovered are taken from any other stylesheet that may be in effect. The cure is to add this to the CSS:

ul.prodrop4 ul li a { color:#000; background:#b9d3fb none }

2. In the HTML, the first sub-link under Sales has the class "fly", which isn't defined in the CSS.

3. This is the one I haven't been able to figure out -- something about sizing or positioning of the sub-menus (the inner ULs) isn't being explicitly specified. Firefox doesn't have a problem but IE6 does. See
www.tc3.edu/instruct/sbrown/nicholls/indexgood.htm for the way it's supposed to look and
www.tc3.edu/instruct/sbrown/nicholls/indexbad.htm
for the way it actually looks, with an unbridgeable gap between the top menu line and the sub-menu.
(27.07.2008, 20:48)

Stan Brown:-
The problem was *more* missing CSS in prodrop4:
table {margin-top:0}
li {margin-top:0}
There may be others still -- I've had an IE7 user tell me it doesn't work for him.
(30.07.2008, 09:59)

Greg:-
Stu, Great site!! OK the problem I am having is in IE6 or 7 if you minimiz the page, the tabs move and do not stay at the top of the page. Anyone else had this?
(04.08.2008, 23:25)