Pro dropline COMMENTS

Bruce, let's hope so :)
I have always thought that enlarging text only is the wrong way to go with modern websites and much prefer the 'Opera' way of enlarging the whole page.
(12.09.2007, 18:38)

Oliver Troch:-
Hello,
is somebody able to show me how i build it into my typo3 site??
Best Regards
(13.09.2007, 10:34)

Bruce:-
Stu, totally agree. Much prefer Opera's method. And once we're able to scale images too, we'll be able to provide something akin to getting out the magnifying glass to read the morning paper!
(13.09.2007, 22:56)

Bruce, now of course IE7 also allows us to use Ctrl+ and Ctrl- to increase/decrease the size of the whole page.
(14.09.2007, 12:22)

kenida:-
Nice work ; thanks

I have a little problem with menus in ie7 when someone resize the page then menu item's places changes in the layout. For example think that i have 5 menu items and they seem like below(when ie7 is maximized):
a b c d e

when i resize they seem like below
a b c
d e

I do not like that.Even if window is resized menu items should be at the same line. Could anyone help me with that fact?

Thanks.
(24.09.2007, 09:07)

kenida, there is no problem with IE7 and text size. However Firefox has a bug that causes the dropline links to wrap onto a newline when the text size is increased. Refreshing the page corrects this.
(24.09.2007, 13:15)

Jen:-
Hi Stu, love your work. I'm attempting to blend this menu with your validating drop down menu v.3, and it works in all browsers except IE6. I think I might have messed something up, but I'm not sure. The problem is, when I hover over one of the other menus it works fine, but when I roll off, the background from the menu seems to stay, blocking the text on the default menu, and some of the other menus as well. Any suggestions on where to look in the stylesheet? You can view the test I'm working with at www.jenniferdungan.com/test/menu/menu2.html
I'm also combining this with switchable stylesheets, I've been playing with the news2.css file and the two ie6 override files.
(26.09.2007, 19:08)

Paul Danciu:-
Stu,

Thanks you for sharing your work!

On Firefox 2.0 and IE7 the menu doesn't work perfect: the tables have to be set cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" in order for the button images to be aligned with the container.

A second glitch, or maybe not: it seems I need some additional javascript to dynamically change the class of the current item to "current" instead of "select", in order to obtain the current tab selected.

Thank you again.
Paul
(20.10.2007, 00:51)

Ben:-
I'm having the same issue as Paul Danciu (below). I don't see how the class can change from 'select' to 'current'. I see no javascript or anything so how is this done?

Any ideas anyone?
(01.11.2007, 16:48)

Ben:-
fyi - the [if ie] info for each of the drop line sub sections is required to make your page XHTML Strict valid, even if you don't need it for IE itself.
(01.11.2007, 17:31)