Pro droptab COMMENTS

Matt Cook:-
Attempting to load this page causes my copy of Safari 3.03 PC to crash. But it works fine on Safari 2.04 Mac.
(14.09.2007, 00:47)

Matt, I have tested this on 3.03 and 3.0 (PC) and both are fine.
(14.09.2007, 07:19)

David Agnew:-
You're a wizard, thank you so much!

Does this CSS require XHTML 1.0 STRICT (as opposed to transitional)?

I surely don't expect anyone to fix my bad code edits, but if anyone has any centering tips...

I modified this - mostly colors, spacing, font size - but also centered it simply by changing .nav AND .nav .current .show from "width:750px;" to "width:auto;". (I think that's all I did). Only Firefox gets it right, in IE it's all mucked up (I didn't edit the IE_css at all). It can be seen at browsershots.org/ZZZ://capecare.info/test/droptab.htm

(Insert "http" for "ZZZ" above.)
(22.09.2007, 15:39)

David, this will work with any standards compliant doctype. As to centering the menu, it already is centered.
(22.09.2007, 15:51)

David Agnew:-
PS - I saw your "how do I center this menu on my page" discussion on your page: Sliding doors 100% clickable and centered, but it seemed to discuss the problem, not a solution. Maybe not.
(22.09.2007, 15:57)

David Agnew:-
Thanks for your reply, Stu! I didn't see your post before submitting my last one.

Good news on the doctype. I guess I just need to un-mess your code!
(22.09.2007, 15:59)

David Agnew:-
I don't mean to bug, but I'd like to use this in a fluid layout. I apologize, I wasn't clear about my intent. Yes, it IS centered, but within 750px. If I simply remove "width:750px;", I get the desired result in Firefox, but I fear IE requires an explicit width.

In other words, how best to center within / fill the width of a fluid layout?
(22.09.2007, 16:47)