Professional drop-down COMMENTS

Brenda, email me stu{at}cssplay.co.uk with more information and a url if possible.
(09.01.2008, 20:41)

Robert:-
This is a very good script, though I have had two issues, one of which I've managed to sort out, one was that the menu was causing one of my floated divs just above it to ahve text that was unselectable, managed to fix taht with some clear css I believe it was. Just in-case anyone gets the same issue.

My second issue is quite an odd one. In Opera 9 the menu whenever in use i.e. hovering over top level or any lower levels) tries to constantly reload the images used for the top level which results in the background temporarily being shown. Now this is the strange part: I eventually found out that it didn't like my external css file (which used an absolute url). If I used a relative url (to the same file) it worked fine.

And I need an absolute url as our site uses a lot of subdomains and it doesn't include the css file when at a subdomain when using an relative url.

Any help on the above issue would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I may just need to leave Opera 9 users with this annoyance. Other than that though it seems to work great.
(14.01.2008, 00:12)

Robert:-
So i guess you have no idea on why Opera doesn't like the external absolute url'd css file? (problem being is the images reloading on hover as described above)
(21.01.2008, 01:42)

Jo.Branco:-
Hello,

Im using this menu but looks awesome in Mozilla Firefox and IE7, but when i tried to check at IE6 ... humm looks like a totally mess xD~

so this is the link to check:

sitenovo.dnconect.com.br/index.html
or
sitenovo.dnconect.com.br

if u check in IE6 ... ull see that the firts 2 boxes work fine, the 1 dont have any dropdown effect and the 2 one have a dropdown effect, but the rest u can only see in the tree format ... but not only the menu is messed, few border images and background styles r in the same way xD~

so if is there any savior here who can help me ... im not an expert in this css lenguage, but im killing my self to make it right !!!

so ill wait for an light !!!

thanks in advance
bai bai
(12.02.2008, 13:00)

Jo, I do offer a service to get my menus working on any web page, just email me with the info.
(12.02.2008, 13:25)

Jo.Branco:-
Stu, i dunno wut happened now but i was trying to fix while waiting for ur reply and humm its a miracle, i forgot to insert the <!--[if lte IE 6]><table><tr><td><![endif]--> cuz i changed like all the menu using photoshop and the tree layers for the dropdown ... so its working fine now in FireFox, IE5/6/7, and when i inserted that code cuz i think its a comment ... dunno ... lil inexperient on this area ... all the other probs with the bgcolor and border images fixed at the same time !!! lil strange huh ?

so now i think im good to go ... so if theres any thing u want to know about it
jo.branco@hotmail.com

btw Congratulaions for this awesome website,
and im kind curious about how´s work this donation, never used, cuz this is the firts time i make a dropdown menu ... and the other site u have to buy it and humm like i dont make 1000 sites per month, its a lil waste to pay so much for 1 web, so donations r better and easy

Well Thanks a lot
bai bai
(12.02.2008, 13:36)

Jo, glad you have it working. If you wish to doante then click on the Paypal donate button beneath the demo and you can make a donation (any amount) using a debit, credit card or e-check in whatever currency you wish.
(12.02.2008, 13:42)

Jo.Branco:-
ok ^^

thanks a lot
(12.02.2008, 13:47)

David:-
Stu - I noticed that the top level link is not placed within an enclosed tag, and produces an error if I try to enclose it. This renders it as invalid markup. Is there a workaround for this, or is one necessary?
(10.08.2012, 23:46)

The top level links are placed in an enclosing </a> tag for all browsers except IE6.
The conditional comments <!--[if IE 7]><!--></a><!--<![endif]--> are ignored by all browsers except IE6 and these browsers will see the </a>.
If you are getting error messages then this is wrong as the code does validate using the w3.org validator.
(11.08.2012, 19:23)