Professional drop-down COMMENTS

j_bre:-
Hello Stu, I very much like this menu but would prefer a version WITHOUT .gif files (text only).

Would it be possilbe to post a text-only version of this menu?

Thanks a lot for everything!
(24.09.2007, 13:04)

j_bre, would that be text over a background image or just plain text?
(25.09.2007, 14:46)

DarkArchon:-
I know I would love to see one like this (or in the style of your pro_horizontal.html, but with dropdown/flyout) with text over a background image.
(26.09.2007, 22:18)

BrentM:-
I am having a problem using this in IE7. My example is here: www.brentmurphyphoto.com/test/pro_drop.html

It works fine in FF and I'm pretty sure it works in IE6, although I don't have that installed on my computer here. As you can see, in IE7, some of the drop-down gets hidden behind an image.

I could probably do a better job laying out my images. I used the same images from my current Tables layout and incorporated them into CSS. Is this just a z-image issue, or is something else going on?
(08.10.2007, 19:43)

BrentM, this is a z-index problem where your menu div has a lower z-index than the
later images.
Change this style
#multi-level {height:30px; position:relative; z-index:500;}

Should correct the problem.
(08.10.2007, 21:02)

BrentM:-
Thanks. I changed the z-index to 500, but it didn't affect anything. But I think I had a DIV somewhere nested inside another with a wrong z-index and didn't realize it, because I moved a couple DIVs around, and it seems to work fine now. I really appreciate your help.
(08.10.2007, 21:21)

BrentM:-
Well, I thought I had this fixed, but am still having problems. Again, works great in FF, but not in IE6 and IE7. I got my navigation image issue taken care of from before, but now the drop-down is mixing with page content below. I looked online, and found that everyone seems to have this same problem with z-index and IE.

The web page is:
www.brentmurphyphoto.com/test/page-test.html

The CSS files are:
www.brentmurphyphoto.com/test/css/nav.css
www.brentmurphyphoto.com/test/css/stylesheet.css

I've seen a few solutions to this issue, but all seemed fairly complicated. Adding iframes, below the drop-down, for example. Any ideas how to get this to work? I even tried adding a specific z-index for every element, and that didn't work either. I'm at a loss.
(10.10.2007, 16:30)

BrentM, You really need to get all your styles into the stylesheet. At the moment you still have some inline styles which are causing some problems.
However, an easy fix is to alter the inline style:
<div style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 100px; z-index:500;">
This is the div before <div id="multi-level">
(10.10.2007, 21:13)

BrentM:-
Stu - Thanks again. I didn't realize mixing stylesheet files with inline styles could be an issue, aside from just creating confusion for me. I'll work on getting that cleaned up.
(10.10.2007, 23:43)

Brenda:-
I am having problems with the fly out menus. They work in Explorer, but not Firefox, and the cursor won't stay on the menu for the 2nd level. Your help would be greatly appreciated (and the donation, too).
Here's my draft: