Mobile Friendly Website


Doing it with style

Pull Down Drop Menu COMMENTS

Welcome to my Comments Pages

Please note. I get a few hundred emails a week from visitors asking for help, or posing questions on how to modify my demos to suit their application and I read them all. Unfortunately I only have a limited amount of time to spend answering these questions.

So if I do not reply, please do not be offended, and if I do reply then you are one of the lucky ones.

If you are asking for permission to use any of my demonstration then please email me with your request stu{at}

Post a comment

Current posts


Firstly, thank you for this fabulous site.

There are 3 demos I'll be using on my personal site and will be making a contribution as soon as it goes live in a month or so as right now it's in development. I have all the demos working fine on the site, except for one -- I just can't get the following to work in IE 8 on my site even though your demo works fine with IE8:

When I click on the red "Pull down menu" link to show the pull down panel, nothing happens in IE 8 although it works fine in FireFox and Opera.

I've only customized the look of the pull down and am not using the menu that's part of the demo.

I've tried everything possible (even copying virtually your entire page and fixing up the URLs to try and make it work but still no luck).

Since my site is under development right now, you need to login to get access it. If you would like to take a look please e-mail me so I can send you a user ID and password.

(You can also contact me by e-mail at mohib [at] -- please remove my e-mail address when you post this message, thx).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
(27.04.2011, 08:55)

Ok I found the problem. There were two:

a) Firstly I mistakenly copied the "<style type="text/css">" line above the copyright notice in your code and put that in my css file. Opera and FireFox are ok with it, but not IE8 (not sure about other IEs) and it gets confused.

b) Your code has:

/* for Internet Explorer to replace :target */
a#pull, a#push {behavior:url(}

I stored the file in the same directory as my css file which seems to be fine for Opera and FireFox, but IE8 can't find the file. My site is a blog and so I had to change the above to the following relative path (or an absolute URL) and it started working:


Hope this helps others who may have similar problems.
(27.04.2011, 19:29)

I'd just like to say, that this is a really cool idea, and i never thought of using :target for this, so believe me, I'm taking inspiration from this and if i had the money, I'd donate just for the brilliant idea!

(But don't worry, wouldn't steal your code ;) )
(19.01.2012, 09:16)


Your comment:

Your Name:

Stu's First Name - 3 letters (required)

Thanks to Alex for this script.

Please enter your comments for this site page.
Please note that all posts are moderated.

Posting rules

HTML is turned off
Maximum word length is 80 characters.
Messages limited to 1200 characters.
Web links should not include 'http://'


Your donations keep CSS PLAY running.
If your donation is for the use of a demo then please email me with the demo url after making your donation.


Facebook Twitter rss feed Facebook Fan Page