Revised flyout menu COMMENTS

:)Ben:-
Grinch, I too found I was getting a space below any LI that was a flyout LI.

I don't see it when I'm looking at the demo on Stu's site, so I can't help but wonder if it's operator error.

However, I noticed a kludge by accident.

Won't be surprised to find out there's some unintended consequence, but for what it's worth: Adding a character after the IE7 conditional's endif and before the IE6 conditional's opening if statement seemed to remove the extra space.

Best,

:)Ben
(20.11.2006, 00:09)

csswhore:-
My question I need to create a vertical drop down menu: I know how to create a menu. just not onw with a vertical dropdown when you hover over just the text.

My question is how do you create a roll over menu from the text only
(13.01.2007, 07:01)

CSSwhore:-
:) please eloborate on the whole ul and li and how al the dropping down and rolling over works together
(13.01.2007, 07:03)

csswhore:-
well you get back to me on that mmk .:)
(13.01.2007, 07:08)

csswhore, there are plenty of drop down menu examples on CSS play, just explore a little.
(13.01.2007, 09:54)

Michael:-
Hello Stu,

Regarding your revised and simplified flyout menu with THREE sub levels

I've modified it to my needs, and it works great in Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Internet Explorer 6.

Can you tell me how to save the menu as a seperate item, and have the menu item load as part of each of the pages in my site? (The idea is later on, I'd like to be able to make changes in the menu without having to change the menu for each the web pages I've already written.) I'd like to not use frames, because I want the menu to "float" above a single background picture occupying the whole screen. My target audience is people with older computers who may not have javascripts enabled, which is what attracted me to your menu.

I know just enough about web design to sense this is a no-brainer, and I shouldn't even have a website if I can't answer it, but I beg your indulgence. Thank you.

Michael Lyon
mlyon01@comcast.net
(31.03.2007, 19:59)

David Abel:-
This menu works in Safari (information per request)
(10.04.2007, 21:07)

Peter:-
I was integrating this menu into my website. But I have some problems with menu items that are too long. Is there any way to make the width of the menu variable so that wider menu items can be displayed properly? Right now they just overflow to the next line.

Thanks
(30.07.2007, 11:38)

Peter:-
I put the CSS script code in one file and the html code for the unordered list in another file. My main file would include these two files. Now there is a problem with IE7(but not with Firefox). Right after Item3, which swings out, there is some extra space between Item3 and Item4. This is the case right after any menu item that swings out. This problem was not there if the CSS code and the unordered list are in the same file.
(31.07.2007, 09:50)

joe:-
Nice job on this menu.
Love how simple and yet effective it is.
I'm having a bit of trouble adding it to my site.
The menu works fine execpt when the sub menus show up. You can only select the part of the menu which within the div, as soon as the submenu shows up over another div you can't select it otherwise it disappears.
Link to the example www.joedastudd.co.uk/testing/index.php
Note who the submenu to Me is only selectable on the small area where is within its own div.
Can you please help me